article thumbnail

Predicting Community Bank Cost of Funds

South State Correspondent

Community bank cost of funds is jumping up. As shown in the graph below, the net interest margin (NIM) for community banks declined 22bps in Q1’23. The question is – what will happen to community bank’s cost of funds from here? The graph below shows community bank cost of funds compared to those banks over $25B.

article thumbnail

How The Market Gets Interest Rate Predictions Wrong

South State Correspondent

In a few short months, stronger economic data (higher GDP, stronger job market, and stubborn inflation) changed the market’s and the Fed’s view on the future path of interest rates. The market and the Fed are now aligning on only one rate cut in 2024 – obviously this will change over the course of the year as the economic data evolves.

Marketing 195
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How The Corporate Card Recharted Its Adoption Course

PYMNTS

Cards rose to the top of the priority list as organizations not only needed a digital payment solution, but one that could support healthier cash flow amid market volatility — whether that meant gaining greater visibility into spend, taking advantage of capital float, or the opportunity to pay suppliers more quickly. A Recharted Future.

Course 202
article thumbnail

My Summer Internship Experience With the Marketing Team at Perficient

Perficient

Over the past ten weeks, I have had the amazing opportunity to work as a marketing intern with the corporate communications team at Perficient. I am about to step into my senior year of high school, and I have been very involved in a variety of activities over the course of my high school career.

Marketing 322
article thumbnail

Marketing-Led Post-COVID-19 Growth Strategies

Businesses are laying off workers, shutting their doors (some permanently), and struggling to react to the radical destruction that coronavirus (COVID-19) is doing to our society and communities. Any return to normalcy may seem far-off, but sales and marketing are on the front lines of restarting the economy.

article thumbnail

Best Community Banks to Work For 2022

Independent Banker

Community Financial Services Bank, Benton, Ky.; In our annual workplace survey, employees of ICBA’s best community banks to work for told us they benefit from engaging cultures, opportunities for advancement and innovative benefits. Clockwise from top left: Grand Ridge National Bank, Wheaton, Ill.; Bank of Montana, Missoula, Mont.;

article thumbnail

7 ways community banks can boost profitability

Independent Banker

A profitability strategy has a lot to factor in given today’s uncertain market. Here’s what community bankers need to know when planning their budgets for the next year. Luckily, there are several strategies in community banks’ toolbox for boosting profitability, even in a low interest rate environment. By Cheryl Winokur Munk.