Remove 2020 Remove Community Remove National Remove Operations
article thumbnail

Best Community Banks to Work For 2022

Independent Banker

Clockwise from top left: Grand Ridge National Bank, Wheaton, Ill.; Community Financial Services Bank, Benton, Ky.; In our annual workplace survey, employees of ICBA’s best community banks to work for told us they benefit from engaging cultures, opportunities for advancement and innovative benefits. Grand Ridge National Bank.

article thumbnail

Celebrating BSA/AML Day 2020

Abrigo

It is often a thankless job that operates behind the scenes and under strict regulatory scrutiny. For this reason, I educate the elderly community as well as civic groups on scam activity and elder financial exploitation.” – Jacqueline Wells, The Farmers & Merchants State Bank. “I Celebrating BSA/AML Day 2020. learn more.

Fraud 195
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

2020 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

This Year was brought to you by the number 2020 and the letters W, T and F” – Big Bird (more or less). And how did community banks and credit unions respond to the COVID craziness? Our clients showed banking at its best – obsessed with customer well-being, good corporate citizenship, and strong community focus.

Idaho 181
article thumbnail

The Death of the Community Bank

Jeff For Banks

In June of 2008 I gave a speech titled "The Death of the Community Bank" and in that speech I made predictions. Much like the General Store fell victim to the supermarket and the lumber yard fell victim to Home Depot, I predicted the community bank that did not pick targeted customer niches or develop product expertise will meet it's doom.

article thumbnail

Community Bank CEO Outlook 2022: Your priorities for the new year

Independent Banker

If 2020 was the year no one expected, 2021 was a year of resetting expectations. Independent Banker ’s annual Community Bank CEO Outlook survey reveals how community bank leaders plan to leverage today’s deposit-laden banking environment to grow this year. Janet Silveria, Community Bank of Santa Maria. Click to enlarge.

article thumbnail

OCC Highlights, AML & CRA Risks

Perficient

Additionally, the recent rule by the OCC, the Federal Reserve, and the FDIC strengthens and modernizes Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) regulations. The effective date of the new rule is April 1, 2024, with key provisions taking effect on January 1, 2026, and January 1, 2027. Banks

article thumbnail

A fund for diverse tech companies

Independent Banker

First National Bank and Black Tech Nation Ventures teamed up to support minority-owned startups in the Pittsburgh community and beyond. Driven by her goal to cultivate a supportive community for diverse tech startups, Kelauni Jasmyn founded the fiscally sponsored nonprofit Black Tech Nation in Pittsburgh in 2018.

Company 110