article thumbnail

Nonprofit Supports Community Entrepreneurs Amid Pandemic

PYMNTS

According to Brennan, EforAll is a growing nonprofit organization that partners with communities to help under-resourced entrepreneurs start and grow a business through intensive business training, mentorship and an extended professional support network. They know they need to make their dreams work right now, not a year from now.”.

Community 148
article thumbnail

Prevent pig butchering scams: Safeguarding against investment fraud

Abrigo

A scam usually begins with online contact via social media or dating apps. Conduct regular employee training : Financial institutions should educate their employees about the risks associated with pig butchering scams and other fraud schemes. The goodwill your institution will gain in the community will be invaluable.

Fraud 195
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Brad M. Bolton: Passion for LIVE

Independent Banker

Photo by Chris Williams [ICBA LIVE is] an opportunity to continue training up the next generation, so I would encourage community bank leaders to join us and bring your rising community continuators with you. The passion I have for community banking was born at ICBA LIVE 2011, which was my first ICBA convention as an adult.

article thumbnail

Perficient is Proud to Sponsor STL 50/50 Fundraiser

Perficient

Givable’s philosophy is to empower individuals, families, and businesses to make a difference in their community by making philanthropy more accessible. Perficient is committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. See open jobs or join our talent community for career tips, job openings, company updates, and more!

St. Louis 322
article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Stories worth telling

Independent Banker

This Community Banking Month, I invite you to try something new to spread your story. Share a new development, community project or initiative. As community bankers, we know relationships matter. and how it trained its team to serve as substitute teachers during a staffing shortage. Photo by Chris Williams.

article thumbnail

Facebook Funds $100M In Grants For SMBs Affected By Coronavirus

PYMNTS

Sheryl Sandberg, chief operating officer of Facebook, said on her page and in a blog post on Tuesday (March 17) that the social media giant wants to “do our part” to help with the “enormous challenge in front of us.”. The company’s goal is to assist companies “in this new and unsettling environment.”.

article thumbnail

Unveiling the New Perficient People Promise

Perficient

The Discovery Process began with gathering data from social media and review site scans and looking at various internal data, such as results from Perficient’s annual Employee Engagement Survey. dynamic mindsets to our global community. communities, and one another. READY TO GROW YOUR CAREER?

Community 520