Remove Boston Remove Community Remove National Remove Retail
article thumbnail

Nonprofit Supports Community Entrepreneurs Amid Pandemic

PYMNTS

But what about the entrepreneurs who are still hanging onto their dreams of starting a retail business? Quite the contrary,” says Bob Brennan, chairman of the National Expansion Council and one of the directors of a nonprofit organization called Entrepreneurship for All (EforAll) based in Boston, Massachusetts. “I

Community 148
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurial Upscale Chefs Are Plating Recovery Plans

PYMNTS

Quick-service restaurants (QSRs), fast casual eateries and fast-food drive-thrus keep dominating headlines throughout the pandemic as a nation is understandably obsessed with staying fed on lockdown and after, when breathing the open air still feels oddly risky.

Boston 205
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Retail Goes Out To The Ballgame For The Fourth

PYMNTS

Thousands of Americans will take to the nation’s ballparks this weekend as Americans celebrating the nation’s independence will look to the nation’s national pastime for the entertainment, likely combined with a fireworks display of some kind. Want to take your family of four to see the Boston Red Sox?

Retail 101
article thumbnail

Amazon Sidewalk Eyes IoT Beyond The Connected Home

PYMNTS

The movement toward stitching smart homes together to form “smart neighborhoods” hints at connectivity that extends beyond individual consumers to entire communities. But he noted that Sidewalk would “struggle to match 5G’s national coverage.” The company has said the network enhancement is available at no charge.

Boston 210
article thumbnail

Can SMBs Avoid Being Left Behind In The Great Digital Shift?

PYMNTS

When asked, fear of crowds surfaced as consumers’ primary reason for preferring to carry on with digital-first experiences when it comes to shopping for groceries (57 percent), purchasing retail products (52 percent) and even ordering food from restaurants (45 percent). The SMB Pinch. between March 1 and Sept.

Retail 220
article thumbnail

American Greed: Can being an honest broker be banks and credit unions competitive advantage?

Jeff For Banks

According to a 2012 Boston College Center for Retirement Research study , 63% of American males (why only males I do not know) participated exclusively in defined contribution (DC) retirement plans in 2007, up from 47% in 1992. I think, as a nation, we will need lots of help managing our money. Probably not. I think so.

Boston 86
article thumbnail

Will The Fitness Industry’s Digital Shift Stick Once The Pandemic Is Over?

PYMNTS

There’s nothing like being in a class physically with a community and an instructor. Peloton, for example, took the market by storm with its connected fitness bikes that allow members of the greater community to tap into live classes and pre-recorded content with fellow riders from around the world. It’s not the same, right?”

Exercises 141