article thumbnail

3 Ways Financial Institutions Can Step Up for Underserved Communities

Perficient

The financial services industry must consider its customer experience game while also grappling with a sense of distrust from many communities due to systematic barriers, maintaining utmost accessibility due to the essentiality of the business, and the lack of financial literacy across the country. Trust and Transparency. .

Community 275
article thumbnail

Study Affirms Community Banks’ Small-Biz Leadership

Finer Points

It’s something ICBA and the community banking industry say all the time: community banks are the nation’s leading small-business lenders. While community banks make up less than 20 percent of the banking system’s assets, they dole out more than half of its small-business loans. And the numbers back it up.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Best Community Banks to Work For 2022

Independent Banker

Community Financial Services Bank, Benton, Ky.; In our annual workplace survey, employees of ICBA’s best community banks to work for told us they benefit from engaging cultures, opportunities for advancement and innovative benefits. Our leadership consistently articulates and demonstrates a commitment to being a great place to work.”.

article thumbnail

So You Want to Be a Venture Capitalist: Best Practices for Community Banks Investing in Fintech Startups

Gonzobanker

Community Banks as Venture Capitalists In fact, not all providers of venture capital are venture capitalists. According to Cornerstone Advisors’ What’s Going On in Banking 2023 study, there are about 500 community banks and credit unions making direct investments into fintech startups. And not just the large megabanks.

article thumbnail

Do you want a more engaged team? Here is an approach

Perficient

There have been lots of studies that indicate improving employee engagement also improves productivity by 15-25%. Management is more quantitative, while leadership is more qualitative. The results of leadership are often intangible, while the results of management are easily measurable. Leverage a co-lead model.

article thumbnail

Thawing the frozen middle (how to change the bank)

Chris Skinner

I sometimes think I’m too harsh on the financial community, with my continual banter about core systems change, lack of digital leadership, inability to see how critical digital is to their future and the impact FinTech is making on global financial structures.

How To 204
article thumbnail

Brand Leadership: What does it mean? What should it mean?

Jeff For Banks

A polite neighbor does not make for a statistically significant study. What I do find in many FIs that claim the throne of brand leadership is higher cost deposits, and lower yielding loans. Is this our perception of brand leadership? I find lenders loosening covenants, waiving fees, and lowering rates to "get the deal done".