Remove Books Remove Community Remove Marketing Remove Taxes
article thumbnail

The Concentric Relationship Strategy in Banking

South State Correspondent

We concluded that the market does not adequately compensate banks for credit and interest rate risks. Top-performing community banks deploy relationship banking. Bankers provide advice based on the customer’s particular situation and needs, as those needs evolve over the customer’s lifetime and as the market changes.

Strategy 195
article thumbnail

Small Business Lending Is Crucial in Fighting the Deposit Wars

Gonzobanker

The right talent and tools can equip bankers to take advantage of opportunities in the small business market. As bankers continue to fight the deposit wars, they must move past the polite talk and build a true go-to-market plan to capture the lucrative U.S. No two markets are created equal.

Lending 78
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Risk of Interest Rate Movement in Relationship Banking

South State Correspondent

The second article compared and contrasted community banks’ pay-for-risk and relationship business models. We made the case that, over time, the market does not adequately compensate banks for credit and interest rate risks. Top-performing community banks deploy relationship banking.

article thumbnail

Best Book Ever on Word of Mouth and Direct Mail Marketing

Jeff For Banks

If so, I suppose you are expecting me to offer my opinion on the most recent thought leadership on word-of-mouth and direct mail marketing. Instead, I will offer you my opinion on a book whose author is not 100% known, but thought to be a Syrian from Antioch named Luke. I''m talking about the biblical book Acts of the Apostles.

article thumbnail

Jim Reber: Shop talk 2021

Independent Banker

Here’s another conversation with our consummate community banker. Hi Jim, this is Charlie Brown with Community Trust Bank. How are things at the community bank?”. “I I know most tax accountants preach that we should sell bonds at a loss instead of gains, because that speeds up the income tax liability.

Community 126
article thumbnail

Community banks are thriving in Texas

Independent Banker

Here’s how four community banks are thriving in this environment. Corporate relocations and expansions—influenced by factors like affordability, low corporate tax rates, no personal income tax and a rich talent pool—have contributed to a momentum that isn’t likely to subside soon. Photo by Dennis Burnett. By Mindy Charski.

Texas 182
article thumbnail

Lending and Credit Automation: Before and After

Abrigo

When commercial credit analysts earning $25 or more an hour are performing data entry for every tax return of a business entity tied to a loan application, the underwriting process is taking too long and requiring too many hours of labor by skilled workers for repetitive tasks. This reduces bottlenecks and is easier for borrowers and lenders.

Lending 150