article thumbnail

Retail banking trends to look out for in 2023

Independent Banker

ITMs and VTMs are popular retail banking innovations among community banks. What’s on the horizon for retail banking? We spoke with two community banks that have ramped up their services to meet—and exceed—the changing expectations of customers. So how are retail banks meeting this challenge? By William Atkinson.

article thumbnail

Chase builds out digital and product leadership team, Citi hires new compliance chief

BankInovation

This month saw investment in digital leadership and compliance, as C-suite positions were filled with new faces at JPMorgan Chase, Citi and Independent Financial, as well as at MoneyGram and Fiserv.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Death of the Community Bank

Jeff For Banks

In June of 2008 I gave a speech titled "The Death of the Community Bank" and in that speech I made predictions. Much like the General Store fell victim to the supermarket and the lumber yard fell victim to Home Depot, I predicted the community bank that did not pick targeted customer niches or develop product expertise will meet it's doom.

article thumbnail

Apple’s Retail Head Ahrendts Steps Down

PYMNTS

Apple announced that its retail chief, Angela Ahrendts, is stepping down, while Deirdre O’Brien is taking on an expanded role as senior vice president of Retail + People. Through the teams’ collective efforts, retail has never been stronger or better-positioned to make an even greater contribution for Apple,” said Ahrendts. “I

Retail 122
article thumbnail

Aftermath: Retailers Try To Focus On Recovery

PYMNTS

Riots and looting over the weekend have taken their toll on retail reopening plans all over the U.S. Retail locations of all types and brands went unspared, from Los Angeles to New York City, as protests turned violent. While that retail recovery was not spectacular by any means, it did appear to be growing consistently.

Retail 131
article thumbnail

Podcast: The just-do-it mindset in community bank innovation

ABA Community Banking

How can community bank emerging leaders take initiative in innovation? The post Podcast: The just-do-it mindset in community bank innovation appeared first on ABA Banking Journal. Tim Shangle advises bankers to take small steps and explore what new technologies can do.

article thumbnail

Google’s Yvette Bohanan Wins Mike Duffy Award for Leadership

PYMNTS

As the direction of payments, commerce and retail are all seeing a major shift, it’s important to still keep in mind the core tenants of business and what it means to innovate. Just before PYMNTS’ Innovation Project series was launched in 2013, a dear friend of the payment community, Mike P. Duffy Leadership Award.