Remove banker-to-banker-sign-up
article thumbnail

What #Banking Trend Will Have the Greatest Impact on Your Bank?

Jeff For Banks

This was the question posed to Bank Profitability students as part of the Oregon Bankers' Association's Executive Development Program (EDP). These were up-and-coming bankers, the future leaders of our industry, identifying industry trends that will have the greatest impact on their bank, in no particular order.

article thumbnail

36 Hours at Fintech Meetup: Three Themes from the Las Vegas Event

Gonzobanker

It happened this week: Fintech Meetup , one of the newer trade events that brought 4,000 or so fintech and banker types to Las Vegas. The experience felt akin to entering a mosh pit but instead of musicians, you are in it with bankers and entrepreneurs and there are chairs. He likened it to regression testing.

Las Vegas 147
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: A community banking resolution

Independent Banker

“We look forward to serving you and your community bank in the year ahead.”. Happy New Year, community bankers! I’m of course talking about advocacy, education and innovation: the three pillars for which ICBA is known. You’ll save if you sign up by the early bird deadline on Jan. Where I’ll be this month.

article thumbnail

Accounting About-Face

Independent Banker

She explained why lawmakers should exempt community banks from Basel III capital rule. Community bankers score big changes in final credit-loss standard. The agencies said in formal guidance that community banks will be able to meet the new standards without complex models or third-party service providers.

article thumbnail

Budget Surplus? 5 Ways to Invest in Your Financial Institution with This Year’s Excess Budget

Abrigo

Takeaway 3 Signing up for 2022 conferences is another smart use of surplus budget funds, because some events are offering early-bird discounts. Indeed, deposit levels to transaction accounts among community banks exploded 74% to $896.5 31, 2019, and June 3, 2021, according to the Community Banking in the 21st Century report.

article thumbnail

Things I Wish Bankers Did Better: Project Management

Jeff For Banks

On September 17, 2021 in the Scottsdale, Arizona desert, I delivered a speech to a ballroom full of bankers titled: 5 Things I Wish We Did Better. It was well received and was recently picked up by a banking school as an elective class. I used the embedded commercial as indicative of the life span of a project at a community bank.

article thumbnail

Good News from Gen Next

Independent Banker

And the great news, according to “American Millennials and Banking,” a major new study commissioned by ICBA, is that Bauhs and the 80 million other people in his generational cohort are prime potential customers for community banks. This is really the moment for community banks to show that they’re a fit for millennials. “At