Remove 2020 Remove Community Remove Leadership Remove National
article thumbnail

Best Community Banks to Work For 2022

Independent Banker

Clockwise from top left: Grand Ridge National Bank, Wheaton, Ill.; Community Financial Services Bank, Benton, Ky.; In our annual workplace survey, employees of ICBA’s best community banks to work for told us they benefit from engaging cultures, opportunities for advancement and innovative benefits. Grand Ridge National Bank.

article thumbnail

2020 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

This Year was brought to you by the number 2020 and the letters W, T and F” – Big Bird (more or less). And how did community banks and credit unions respond to the COVID craziness? Our clients showed banking at its best – obsessed with customer well-being, good corporate citizenship, and strong community focus.

Idaho 181
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Mastercard General Counsel Tapped To Chair National Urban League

PYMNTS

The world of payments has provided a new leader to the National Urban League. Murphy was elected to the post during the National Urban League’s Board of Trustees quarterly meeting in New York City. “He I’m honored to be a part of that mission,” Murphy said as part of the National Urban League’s announcement.

National 122
article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Cornerstones of the community

Independent Banker

“As the cornerstones of the community, community bankers offer a light in the darkness of hard times.”. The same holds true this year, though the image of what constitutes normal in 2020 looks incredibly different than it has previously. Working together, hand in hand with our communities, community bankers make a difference.

Community 119
article thumbnail

The Death of the Community Bank

Jeff For Banks

In June of 2008 I gave a speech titled "The Death of the Community Bank" and in that speech I made predictions. Much like the General Store fell victim to the supermarket and the lumber yard fell victim to Home Depot, I predicted the community bank that did not pick targeted customer niches or develop product expertise will meet it's doom.

article thumbnail

Community Bank CEO Outlook 2022: Your priorities for the new year

Independent Banker

If 2020 was the year no one expected, 2021 was a year of resetting expectations. Independent Banker ’s annual Community Bank CEO Outlook survey reveals how community bank leaders plan to leverage today’s deposit-laden banking environment to grow this year. Janet Silveria, Community Bank of Santa Maria. Click to enlarge.

article thumbnail

Hispanic Federation Names Popular Bank Chief Operating Officer Manuel Chinea New Board Chairman

PopularBank

The announcement made on Thursday, July 9, 2020 follows his election during the board’s quarterly meeting. The Hispanic Federation stands at the forefront of efforts to empower and advance the Latinx community,” said Manuel Chinea. “I The mission of the Hispanic Federation is to empower and advance Hispanic communities.