article thumbnail

Podcast: How a Georgia community bank engaged employees at 3X the national rate

ABA Community Banking

The post Podcast: How a Georgia community bank engaged employees at 3X the national rate appeared first on ABA Banking Journal. The rest are described as disengaged, with 17 percent actively disengaged, "which means they are literally trying to sabotage the organization," notes Neil Stevens.

Georgia 52
article thumbnail

Scottsdale Community Bank: Making microloans

Independent Banker

Inspired by the entrepreneurship of lemonade stands, Scottsdale Community Bank created a microloan program. Photo by Brandon Sullivan De novo Scottsdale Community Bank set out to provide microloans to small and mid-size businesses, family organizations and nonprofits—a project that was inspired by the humble lemonade stand.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Best Community Banks to Work For 2022

Independent Banker

Clockwise from top left: Grand Ridge National Bank, Wheaton, Ill.; Community Financial Services Bank, Benton, Ky.; In our annual workplace survey, employees of ICBA’s best community banks to work for told us they benefit from engaging cultures, opportunities for advancement and innovative benefits. Grand Ridge National Bank.

article thumbnail

Mastercard General Counsel Tapped To Chair National Urban League

PYMNTS

The world of payments has provided a new leader to the National Urban League. Murphy was elected to the post during the National Urban League’s Board of Trustees quarterly meeting in New York City. “He I’m honored to be a part of that mission,” Murphy said as part of the National Urban League’s announcement.

National 122
article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Cornerstones of the community

Independent Banker

“As the cornerstones of the community, community bankers offer a light in the darkness of hard times.”. Bolstered by the unfailing dedication of community banks, our communities will continue to weather the storm. An ecosystem exists where, for the community bank to be successful, the community it serves must be as well.

Community 119
article thumbnail

The Death of the Community Bank

Jeff For Banks

In June of 2008 I gave a speech titled "The Death of the Community Bank" and in that speech I made predictions. Much like the General Store fell victim to the supermarket and the lumber yard fell victim to Home Depot, I predicted the community bank that did not pick targeted customer niches or develop product expertise will meet it's doom.

article thumbnail

ICBA LEAD FWD Summit

Independent Banker

At this year’s ICBA LEAD FWD Summit, up-and-coming community bankers gathered from around the country to strengthen their leadership, technical banking and advocacy skills. The leadership conference hosted 26 speakers that helped attendees prepare for the future of banking.