Remove 2019 Remove Community Remove Leadership Remove Operations
article thumbnail

The Death of the Community Bank

Jeff For Banks

In June of 2008 I gave a speech titled "The Death of the Community Bank" and in that speech I made predictions. Much like the General Store fell victim to the supermarket and the lumber yard fell victim to Home Depot, I predicted the community bank that did not pick targeted customer niches or develop product expertise will meet it's doom.

article thumbnail

Community banks are thriving in Texas

Independent Banker

Here’s how four community banks are thriving in this environment. billion to the state’s GDP in 2019, according to state records. Clearly, community banks in the region have plenty of opportunities to do what they do best: forge deep and lasting relationships with their customers and communities. Photo by Dennis Burnett.

Texas 182
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The community bank’s complete guide to building trust

Independent Banker

But for most community banks, building a trustworthy brand isn’t a conscious effort. So first, we’ll look at how two community banks have become trusted pillars of the community through charity work and good old?fashioned billion-asset community bank. Build your community. It’s in their DNA.

Community 139
article thumbnail

The 2019 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

GonzoBankers, 2019 was a year of extremes. Third, read and enjoy the 2019 edition of the GonzoBanker Awards, our 18 th. Mark Turner, Executive Chairman of the Board, WSFS Bank – We have to give the nod to an early 2019 retirement of Turner, who had one hell of a run in 12 years at the helm of a great community and wealth bank.

Idaho 148
article thumbnail

Facebook's Libra Hires HSBC Veteran As Managing Director

PYMNTS

The Libra Association has named James Emmett as managing director of Libra Networks, the association’s operating company subsidiary. Emmett previously was the top executive of HSBC Bank plc and Europe, where he was responsible for HSBC's UK Wholesale Bank and operations across Continental Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa and Bermuda.

article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Mitigating cybercrime

Independent Banker

We know that despite the frights cyberattacks bring, you continue to flourish by safeguarding the communities you serve. After all, the rapid rise in fraud during the pandemic would spook anyone and definitely keeps community bankers up at night, which is why meaningful monitoring and action continue to be necessary. Where I’ll Be.

Resources 131
article thumbnail

14 Reasons Why You Should Grow Your Pega Career at Perficient

Perficient

J oin our community for career tips, upcoming opportunities, and to keep up with all things Life at Perficient. BONUS: Attend Conferences, like we did at PegaWorld 2019. Pega Leadership does a really good job supporting employee growth and is committed to understanding what each member of the team is looking for in career paths.