Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Management Remove Operations
article thumbnail

Operation Choke Point 2.0

Jeff For Banks

In 2012 the Obama administration launched "Operation Choke Point" ("OCP") which was designed to ensure banks considered the risk of banking payday lenders that were engaged in abusive practices. The FDIC's quarterly Supervisory Insights for Summer 2011 had a list! What were disfavored industries?

article thumbnail

Mobile Payment Platform ShopKeep Closes $65 Million In Funding

PYMNTS

Tribeca Venture Partners , which led the company’s Series A round in 2011, led the financing. With our recurring revenue almost tripling in the past three years, the small business community continues to show incredibly promising — and accelerating — growth potential,” said Michael DeSimone, CEO of ShopKeep.

Mobile 125
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Are banks taking advantage of the CECL extension?

Independent Banker

The CARES Act extended the CECL implementation deadline for many larger community banks until the end of the COVID-19 pandemic. Community bankers tell us that while the extension is welcome, they’re already down the road to implementation. April 2011. ICBA tells FASB CECL isn’t feasible for community banks. December 2011.

article thumbnail

How Can Banks Thrive in the Next Five Years?

Jeff For Banks

My Remarks to Bank Client's Annual Meeting of Shareholders "I want to thank [Chairman] and the Board, [CEO] and the management team for asking me to come out and remark on where I think the banking industry is going over the next five years. By the way, so is your CEO and much of your management team. Not your chairman.

article thumbnail

Community Financial Institutions: Parking Lot for the Benjamins

Jeff For Banks

First dropping the Fed Funds rate to near zero, and most recently with Operation Twist designed to guide long-term rates even lower. This has kept investment options for community financial institutions at historic lows. Community FIs are experiencing similar activity from their Main Street customers. a highly unusual situation.

article thumbnail

Among the Last to Leave

Independent Banker

First Lieutenant Jeff Sabatke (back row, third from left) and the 3rd Platoon “Punishers” with A Company 20135 at Camp Adder in Iraq in 2011. Army Infantry Platoon leader who became a community banking manager. It’s no different in community banking. By Jeff Sabatke. It was 1 a.m. Paul, Minn.,

article thumbnail

Rebounding from the Downturn

Independent Banker

Community First Bank & Trust. Community First Bank & Trust had an extraordinary 2015. There were some very difficult days along the way, including a complete change in our bank’s executive management team and essentially rethinking how we executed our business from the ground up. Columbia, Tenn. ROAA in 2015: 3.63