Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Management Remove Marketing
article thumbnail

Guest Post: Financial Markets and Economic Update by Dorothy Jaworski

Jeff For Banks

Never Satisfied The markets never seem to be satisfied. The Federal Reserve recently took heed of market and economic messages, ending its tightening campaign and beginning its “patience” campaign. I along with countless other managers and investors were finally happy. in 2018, but about equal to the average growth since 2011.

article thumbnail

Built In Job Search Tool Gets $22M For Expansion, Development

PYMNTS

Founded in 2011, Built In helps more than 1,800 customers connect with over 1 million technology professionals each month. The market opportunity ahead of Built In is incredibly exciting, based in part on a set of favorable business and macroeconomic trends,” said Carter Griffin, general partner, Updata, in a press release. “In

Tools 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Mobile Payment Platform ShopKeep Closes $65 Million In Funding

PYMNTS

Tribeca Venture Partners , which led the company’s Series A round in 2011, led the financing. With our recurring revenue almost tripling in the past three years, the small business community continues to show incredibly promising — and accelerating — growth potential,” said Michael DeSimone, CEO of ShopKeep.

Mobile 125
article thumbnail

Wells’ ‘Cross-Selling’ Biz Draws $65M Fine

PYMNTS

The misconduct at Wells Fargo was widespread across the bank and at every level of management – impacting both customers and investors who were misled,” Attorney General Barbara D. Furthermore, Wells Fargo’s Board of Directors received reports detailing the misconduct as early as 2011, but failed to report it to investors.

New York 139
article thumbnail

How Can Banks Thrive in the Next Five Years?

Jeff For Banks

My Remarks to Bank Client's Annual Meeting of Shareholders "I want to thank [Chairman] and the Board, [CEO] and the management team for asking me to come out and remark on where I think the banking industry is going over the next five years. The money market mutual fund became a formidable competitor to the bank account.

article thumbnail

Community Financial Institutions: Parking Lot for the Benjamins

Jeff For Banks

The current market volatility has been with us for nearly three years. This has kept investment options for community financial institutions at historic lows. Market volatility and prolonged low bond yields is keeping investors on the sidelines. Community FIs are experiencing similar activity from their Main Street customers.

article thumbnail

Mastercard Continues B2B Focus In Middle East

PYMNTS

Most recently, the credit card company struck a partnership with Swipezoom in the United Arab Emirates to roll out a B2B payment and invoice management solution, signaling B2B FinTech as a key focus for Mastercard in the market. The entities revealed Monday (Feb.

Cards 109