Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove Management Remove Taxes
article thumbnail

Portfolio Management

Independent Banker

During my 20-plus years of dealing with community bankers, either as an investment strategist, sales rep or business-development manager, I have come to understand that certain buzz words fall on deaf ears. tax-equivalent yield, 2.) With the typical community bank investment, each of these variables should be easily attainable.

article thumbnail

Rebounding from the Downturn

Independent Banker

Community First Bank & Trust. Community First Bank & Trust had an extraordinary 2015. There were some very difficult days along the way, including a complete change in our bank’s executive management team and essentially rethinking how we executed our business from the ground up. Columbia, Tenn. ROAA in 2015: 3.63

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

EY's 8 Banking Customer Segments: Where's Your Focus?

Jeff For Banks

EY recently released its 2014 Global Consumer Banking Survey. As I read through it, I began to think how a community financial institution would turn what EY learned into action. They are heavy users of online channels and value do it yourself financial management tools. And value financial advice over multiple channels.

Survey 98
article thumbnail

What Apple Didn’t Tell You Last Week

PYMNTS

Stockholm is the largest city in the small country of Sweden that’s famous for a few other things, too: charming and beautiful people, long dark winters, short but amazing summers, generous government and social benefits, and having one of the most progressive tax systems in the world. times the average Swedish income.

Apple 100
article thumbnail

Xero TaxTouch is Tinder for the Gig Economy’s Taxes

Fintech Labs Insights

The app, Xero TaxTouch aims to help self-employed workers track business expenses and manage their business-related tax deductions. It also tracks estimated taxes and generates a report to help users prepare a Schedule C document to send to their Xero tax accounting professional (if they have one).

Taxes 12
article thumbnail

Predicting the Next Banking Crisis Is a Fool’s Game. Not Learning From the Last One: Equally Foolish

Jeff For Banks

More recently and by comparison, the mortgage meltdown and subsequent global financial crisis took down more than 500 banks between 2007 and 2014, with total assets of nearly $959 billion. To you, manage your interest rate risk. Although community banks did not lend to sub-prime borrowers in any meaningful way, did we participate?

FDIC 78
article thumbnail

How About Profits in the Branch of the Future?

Jeff For Banks

At June 30, 2014, that branch had $23 million in total deposits, down $1 million from one year ago. Since 2006, community banks have recognized the need for greater balances in branches to improve profitability. But not to the point of the profits enjoyed by branches in 2006, which was approximately 2.73%, compared to 0.86% in 2014.