article thumbnail

New ICBA chairman Derek Williams’ commitment to community

Independent Banker

wanted to be a financier before finding his way to community banking. Photo by Harold Daniels Derek Williams, president and CEO of Century Bank & Trust in Georgia, is bringing his passion for community banking to his term as ICBA chairman for 2023/24. That love of community has defined his career. “I

Community 172
article thumbnail

Best Community Banks to Work For 2022

Independent Banker

Clockwise from top left: Grand Ridge National Bank, Wheaton, Ill.; Community Financial Services Bank, Benton, Ky.; In our annual workplace survey, employees of ICBA’s best community banks to work for told us they benefit from engaging cultures, opportunities for advancement and innovative benefits. Grand Ridge National Bank.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Let’s Take Last Week’s Convention Energy to Washington

Finer Points

ICBA’s national convention is always an incredible experience. If you haven’t witnessed nearly 3,000 members of the community banking industry in the same place at the same time, you should make a point to do so at least once in your career. Advocacy Convention Washington Policy Summit' Advocacy Convention Washington Policy Summit'

article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Community service is at our industry’s heart

Independent Banker

Community service is a timeless tradition that’s core to every community bank.”. As I work on this column, I’m in Santa Fe, preparing to speak at the Independent Community Bankers Association of New Mexico’s annual convention. Community service is a timeless tradition that’s core to every community bank.

Community 132
article thumbnail

Amazon, JPMorgan Donate Money To Ease Coronavirus Crisis

PYMNTS

The first $15 million will go to groups directly dealing with how the virus is affecting people directly, with $5 million to institutions that handle community development, to dole out low- or no-interest loans. The company is going to donate $1 million between four organizations in Washington, D.C.

Arlington 214
article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: The spirit of service

Independent Banker

This month’s Independent Banker focuses on budgeting issues with a special emphasis on the ICBA National Community Bank Service Awards. Inherent to our business model is a passion to support our communities, one that allows for flexibility to meet the individual needs of our customers. Where I’ll be this month.

article thumbnail

National Small Business Week Celebrates the American Entrepreneurial Spirit

Abrigo

Small Business Administration What creates two out of three net new American jobs; produces close to half of our nation’s goods and services (nonfarm private GDP); and can be found, coast to coast, in every small town, big city and rural enclave? Tune in all week for live-streaming , beginning at 7:30 p.m. Every business starts small.

National 150