Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Community Bank Remove Regulation
article thumbnail

Best Community Banks to Work For 2022

Independent Banker

Clockwise from top left: Grand Ridge National Bank, Wheaton, Ill.; Community Financial Services Bank, Benton, Ky.; Bank of Montana, Missoula, Mont.; CNB Bank, Berkeley Springs, W.Va.; Midwest Bank, Norfolk, Neb. Bank of Montana: Breaking the mold. Bank of Montana. What great resignation?

article thumbnail

GAO: Dodd-Frank beginning to impact community banks and credit unions

Abrigo

Government Accountability Office (GAO), community banks and credit unions are starting feel the impact of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act. The Act, announced in 2010, requires or authorizes federal agencies to issue rules to strengthen the financial services industry.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Will D&I requirements change this year?

Independent Banker

Here are the key areas of D&I policies and practices that community banks may need if these requirements change or become mandatory. How does your bank’s diversity and inclusion (D&I) compliance program compare with the regulatory standards for D&I policies and practices? By Mary Thorson-Wright. Legislative updates.

article thumbnail

Data privacy: How to keep customer data safe

Independent Banker

But as the prevalence of security breaches grows, so do the opportunities for community banks to position themselves as guardians of their customers’ personal data through compliance, technology and relationship building. Shielding sensitive customer information from prying eyes remains a chronic industry challenge. Bob Hickok.

Data 91
article thumbnail

Will "Plain Vanilla" Kill Community Banking?

Jeff For Banks

I was at a strategic planning retreat a few weeks back where a colleague lauded the concept of bankers getting back to plain vanilla community banking. But if you read or watch interviews of CEOs of community FIs from 2008 forward, you will be bombarded with the message that they didn''t engage in the things that led to the collapse.

article thumbnail

Why The ICBA Is Fighting Industrial Loan Charters For FinTechs

PYMNTS

ILCs are used to form industrial loan companies, better known as industrial banks. An industrial bank is an FDIC-insured depository institution that is generally subject to the same banking laws and regulations as any other bank charter type, with the important exception of the Bank Holding Act of 1956.

Industry 108
article thumbnail

Sowing the Grassroots

Independent Banker

Advocacy Advocate—ICBA’s Joshua Harbursky works to assist community bankers with their industry policy engagement with lawmakers and regulators. ICBA has a great infrastructure in place and a lot of active advocates among community bankers. Anyone with an interest in promoting community banks can be an ICBA advocate.