article thumbnail

3 Ways Financial Institutions Can Step Up for Underserved Communities

Perficient

The financial services industry must consider its customer experience game while also grappling with a sense of distrust from many communities due to systematic barriers, maintaining utmost accessibility due to the essentiality of the business, and the lack of financial literacy across the country. Trust and Transparency. .

Community 275
article thumbnail

Paid social media’s place in your marketing strategy

Independent Banker

As social media platforms tinker with their algorithms, marketing experts say one trend is clear: Paid social campaigns are becoming increasingly necessary to cut through the noise and reach customers. They share tips for how community banks can get started. In its simplest form, it expands the reach of a community bank’s content.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Striking the right balance

Independent Banker

“We are poised to lead the charge in striking the right balance of technology and connection for our customers and communities.”. This conundrum presents a significant opportunity for community bankers. ICBA offers resources to support community banks in telling their stories. A year ago, I had a smattering of them.

Community 163
article thumbnail

Main Street, USA = Community Financial Institutions + Small Businesses

ForwardBanker

Our Small Business Revolution – Main Street team recently finished its 2019 series of small business marketing seminars. Since 2016, the team put on more than 20 free seminars taking place in locations from Oregon and Washington state to South Carolina, Texas, and Michigan.

Maine 28
article thumbnail

7 marketing tips to engage your clients about starting a succession plan

Abrigo

You commonly exchange many email messages with your clients but have you ever considered using your signature line as a marketing tool? Hold seminars or webinars. Reach out to other organizations in your community and plan a joint seminar. Change your email signature line. Ask me how I can help.”

article thumbnail

Jim Reber: Floating rate assets are back

Independent Banker

The financial press, economic commentators and social media sites have used a collection of terms this year that convey a certain image of market values for investment securities: “Plummet.” Community bankers have come to grips with the notion of their bond portfolios being, ahem, “submerged” in a number of ways. Underwater.”

Memphis 103
article thumbnail

FICO Women Leaders: Sharing Our Insights and Success

FICO

I founded a FICO Women Leaders initiative that uses networking and the power of community to help women succeed as leaders in a highly complex technology firm. At our annual FICO World event, we host Women in Leadership seminars and forums. We discussed the importance of the coaching approach of “leadership starts with self”.