article thumbnail

ICBA: Building Bridges For The Next Generation Of Community Banks

PYMNTS

Community banking can be one of the most rewarding and most challenging areas of financial services in which to work — that’s the view, anyway, of Rebeca Romero Rainey, president and CEO of Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA) , who recently joined the nation’s leading advocacy organization that exclusively represents community banks.

article thumbnail

What #Banking Trend Will Have the Greatest Impact on Your Bank?

Jeff For Banks

Consumer Demographics and Changing Customer Demands Remember all the pre-pandemic talk about millennials? You couldn't go to a conference without every presenter having millennial this or millennial that on their slide decks. Now the oldest millennial is 43 (see table by Statista).

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Community Banks, Where Moving Beyond Interest Income Is In The (Credit) Cards

PYMNTS

And yet, sometimes community banks, opt to stick to their lending knitting, forfeiting the potential to earn non-interest revenue and cementing their ties with both individual and corporate customers. The community banking model is based on customer relationships and the allocation of capital and extending loans.

article thumbnail

DoorDash, Airbnb IPOs; BNPL Trends; Pet Fraud Top This Week's News

PYMNTS

Synctera Brings 'FinTech As A Service' To Community Banks. FinTechs want to offer compliant banking services, while community banks want new ways to grow deposits. Report: Millennials, Buy Now Pay Later And The Shifting Dynamics Of Online Credit. eBay: Offline Payment Preferences Are Changing Online Habits .

Trends 175
article thumbnail

Selling to Millennials: 4 Ways that Banks are Retooling Their Approach

NCR

Millennial customers are quickly becoming key to the growth strategy of financial institutions, particularly in hyper-competitive markets where customer churn remains high. While millennials tend to judge a bank on the basis of its digital capabilities, they still also expect a human connection to advise them.

article thumbnail

Why Millennials Need Banking Security and Compliance

Social Assurance

Why Millennials Need Banking Security and Compliance. This is why Millennials and Gen X-ers like me are some of the highest people at risk for financial theft and fraud. Technology and networking apps have made my life easier than ever. I love that I can accomplish so many things from my phone. Seriously, like everything.

article thumbnail

Cloud Use: From Maybe To Must

ABA Community Banking

Expectations of millennials, rising costs, qualified personnel are all reasons for the shift Technology Feature Retail Banking Compliance Survival Strategies.