Remove Capital Remove Community Remove Conference Remove Leadership
article thumbnail

What is the ROI of a Banking Conference?

Jeff For Banks

Are conferences more than a vacation? Last week I attended two back-to-back banking conferences and it was apparent that attendance was down. I wrote most of this article early on a Saturday morning during the business session at one of the conferences. I still find this to be a challenge at community banks.

article thumbnail

Best Community Banks to Work For 2022

Independent Banker

Community Financial Services Bank, Benton, Ky.; In our annual workplace survey, employees of ICBA’s best community banks to work for told us they benefit from engaging cultures, opportunities for advancement and innovative benefits. Our leadership consistently articulates and demonstrates a commitment to being a great place to work.”.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Capstone Conference

Independent Banker

You can feel the energy boost at Park Bank from its leadership development program. Young employees at the community bank in Madison, Wis., It really gives people a sense of ownership,” explains James Hegenbarth, the bank’s president and CEO of the employees who have participated in the leadership development program. “It

article thumbnail

10 Top Banking Podcasts You Should be Listening to

Abrigo

Other podcasts might be internationally based and of little interest to community financial institutions or credit unions based in the U.S. Main Street Banking: A Podcast for Community Bankers 8. It also examines how community banks are different than other types of financial institutions, along with strategies for optimal operations.

Community 195
article thumbnail

Brian Bell Navigates the Evolving Insurance Space to Provide Maximum Client Value Across Industries

Perficient

Describe a typical day in the life. Perficient, though not new to insurance, is consistently realigning to capitalize on the industry’s digital transformation potential. In my role as our Insurance Principal within our Financial Services business unit, I spearhead our strategy and delivery efforts in insurance.

Industry 221
article thumbnail

Fed Chairman Concerned Over Shrinking Bank Market

PYMNTS

As concerns are raised about how industry consolidation might impact competition, Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell is warning that it could hinder small businesses’ access to capital and financial services. He pointed to the Community Reinvestment Act, which encourages banks to loan to small businesses.

Marketing 108
article thumbnail

Community banks are thriving in Texas

Independent Banker

Here’s how four community banks are thriving in this environment. Clearly, community banks in the region have plenty of opportunities to do what they do best: forge deep and lasting relationships with their customers and communities. These include family-owned businesses, community businesses and operating companies.

Texas 182