Remove Boston Remove Community Remove Retail Remove Study
article thumbnail

Saving Main Street: How A Business School Is Helping Toronto SMB Retailers

PYMNTS

In an interview with Karen Webster, Chris Carder , co-director of Entrepreneurial Studies at Schulich School of Business, outlines the story of how innovation can become teamwork. A partnership was born, and the students could then help retailers get onto the Shopify program and generate precious revenue.

Maine 142
article thumbnail

Can ‘Elective’ Fees Work For Retail Banks?

PYMNTS

Indeed, some 88 percent of consumers don’t see a reason to switch to other financial institutions, according to a recent PYMNTS and Green Dot study. In a new PYMNTS interview, Andrei Cherny, CEO at Aspiration Bank, shares with Karen Webster his experience in building this new retail banking concept over the last four years.

Retail 116
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Are Retailers Ready For Amazon?s Prime Time?

PYMNTS

Then I went to Whole Foods on the North Shore of Boston Saturday morning to do some grocery shopping. I’ve been a Whole Foods shopper since I moved to Boston 17 years ago for the same reasons that each of you may be too: organic meat, seafood, produce and foods, great bread and cheese and a fun vibe. Prime Time at the Grocery Store.

Retail 156
article thumbnail

Can SMBs Avoid Being Left Behind In The Great Digital Shift?

PYMNTS

When asked, fear of crowds surfaced as consumers’ primary reason for preferring to carry on with digital-first experiences when it comes to shopping for groceries (57 percent), purchasing retail products (52 percent) and even ordering food from restaurants (45 percent). The SMB Pinch. The Power of Persistence.

Retail 220
article thumbnail

Saving Main Street From Its Downward Pandemic Spiral

PYMNTS

For Main Street businesses, the pain isn’t the result of just one shop or restaurant closing down, since the churn of small businesses is part of the small business reality – particularly in the retail and restaurant sector. The owner of an upscale hair salon in Boston is an example of a business living this reality.

Maine 199
article thumbnail

American Greed: Can being an honest broker be banks and credit unions competitive advantage?

Jeff For Banks

According to a 2012 Boston College Center for Retirement Research study , 63% of American males (why only males I do not know) participated exclusively in defined contribution (DC) retirement plans in 2007, up from 47% in 1992. Can we brand ourselves as the trusted advisor in our communities? Probably not. I think so.

Boston 87
article thumbnail

Amidst The Retail Apocalypse, Target, Nike, & Adidas Are Using These Local Strategies To Bring Customers In The Door

CB Insights

While the store is a first for Nike, it’s part of a bigger trend in retail — product and inventory localization. how retailers can survive (and thrive) this holiday season. Learn about the technologies, innovations, and strategies that retailers can leverage during the holidays. Major retailers and brands go local.

Retail 64