Remove Bitcoin Remove Community Remove Marketing Remove social media
article thumbnail

FitPay Rolls Out Bitcoin ‘Flip’ Device Amid Ubiquity Of Contactless

PYMNTS

FitPay , the startup technology platform that adds contactless payment capabilities to wearable and Internet of Things (IoT) devices, is looking to serve consumers who own bitcoin with a new payment device. Beyond bitcoin , FitPay plans to look into more cryptocurrencies in the future.

Bitcoin 111
article thumbnail

Crypto Startup RSK Acquires Social Network Taringa

PYMNTS

Crypto startup RSK will buy Spanish social media network Taringa in a bid to expand and to gain access to the platform’s 20 million users, according to a report by Forbes. RSK, a subsidiary of IOVLabs, is self-described as the “first open-source, smart contract platform secured by the bitcoin network.”.

Bitcoin 172
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Barclays Throws Cold Water on Bitcoin’s ‘Best Day’

Bank Innovation

The price of bitcoin surged above $8,000 today for the first time in several weeks, a rise of more than 13% over the past 24 hours, prompting excitement in the cryptocurrency community. The combined market capitalization of all cryptocurrencies rose 16% over the same period.

Bitcoin 186
article thumbnail

Bitcoin Daily: German Crypto Firm Shuttered After Pyramid Scheme Accusations; People’s Bank Of China Denies Bogus Announcement Of Stablecoin Launch

PYMNTS

This is a new community, a new world, this is going to be very big. Anything that is trading in the market under the name of DC/EP or DCEP is not the national digital currency, and any launch time suggested on the Internet is inaccurate,” the central bank said on in a statement, according to CoinDesk. And the U.S.

DC 100
article thumbnail

Bitcoin, currency and competition

Tomorrow's Transactions

The Head of the Competition and Markets Authority says that competition in currency is “welcome”. I’m thinking about currency and competition because, and I imagine I’ll get trolled for saying this, but I had good fun arguing with some of the Bitcoin folk at Innotribe this year. From Bankers Debate Bitcoin at Sibos 2014 ].

Bitcoin 61
article thumbnail

Review of Gitcoin Quadratic Funding Round 4

Vitalik Buterin

Media could include documentation, translation, community activities, news reporting, theoretically pretty much anything in that category. It became popular quickly in recent months, as the Ethereum community was swept by worries about the blockchain's current low levels of privacy and wanted solutions.

Community 101
article thumbnail

2020 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

And how did community banks and credit unions respond to the COVID craziness? Our clients showed banking at its best – obsessed with customer well-being, good corporate citizenship, and strong community focus. Jill is continually demonstrating just how loud a $300 million community bank can roar! Bravo Brett and team!

Idaho 181