Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Community Bank Remove Management
article thumbnail

Are banks taking advantage of the CECL extension?

Independent Banker

The CARES Act extended the CECL implementation deadline for many larger community banks until the end of the COVID-19 pandemic. Community bankers tell us that while the extension is welcome, they’re already down the road to implementation. April 2011. ICBA tells FASB CECL isn’t feasible for community banks.

article thumbnail

Wells’ ‘Cross-Selling’ Biz Draws $65M Fine

PYMNTS

The misconduct at Wells Fargo was widespread across the bank and at every level of management – impacting both customers and investors who were misled,” Attorney General Barbara D. However, the success of these efforts was actually centered on sales practice misconduct at the bank. Underwood said in a press release.

New York 139
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Can Banks Thrive in the Next Five Years?

Jeff For Banks

My Remarks to Bank Client's Annual Meeting of Shareholders "I want to thank [Chairman] and the Board, [CEO] and the management team for asking me to come out and remark on where I think the banking industry is going over the next five years. By the way, so is your CEO and much of your management team. Not your chairman.

article thumbnail

Among the Last to Leave

Independent Banker

First Lieutenant Jeff Sabatke (back row, third from left) and the 3rd Platoon “Punishers” with A Company 20135 at Camp Adder in Iraq in 2011. Army Infantry Platoon leader who became a community banking manager. It’s no different in community banking. By Jeff Sabatke. It was 1 a.m. Paul, Minn.,

article thumbnail

Operation Choke Point 2.0

Jeff For Banks

The FDIC's quarterly Supervisory Insights for Summer 2011 had a list! Imagine the community bank that is experienced in lending to fuel oil businesses in or near its markets because it's comfortable using trucks, tanks, and oil inventory as collateral. What were disfavored industries?

article thumbnail

Advocacy at the Grassroots: A Lively Legislature

Independent Banker

The Independent Bankers Association of New York State has been actively advocating for several initiatives to enhance community banking and the communities and customers our members serve. These increased burdens and costs have had an impact on the number of community banks. By John Witkowski.

article thumbnail

Are de novos making a comback?

Abrigo

For perspective, a mere 4 banks have opened since 2011, and two of those were in 2017 alone: both International Bank of Commerce of Oklahoma City, OK, and Blue Gate Bank of Costa Mesa, CA, opened in January 2017. Learn more about how Sageworks can help banks and credit unions grow profitably and mitigate risk.