Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove Security Remove Taxes
article thumbnail

US Intel Community: Supply Chain Cyberattack Imminent

PYMNTS

National Counterintelligence and Security Center (NCSC), titled “The Foreign Economic Espionage Report,” warns that cyber attackers could infiltrate the software supply chain, and pointed to China, Russia and Iran as the most capable of such an event. Department of Homeland Security advised U.S. A report by the U.S.

Community 104
article thumbnail

Big Banks Continue SMB Lending Uptick, Biz2Credit Finds

PYMNTS

Despite some recent bumps, the economy has done well during President Trump’s first year in office, and tax cuts have also added to optimism among small business owners,” reflected Rohit Arora, CEO of Biz2Credit. Often, companies that cannot find funding from banks are able to secure financing from alternative (non-bank) lenders.”.

Lending 108
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Can Rio de Janeiro Withstand The Olympic Pressure?

PYMNTS

million as of 2014. In an effort to spur job growth, the Brazilian government offered tax and legal incentives for technology companies within Rio. In an effort to spur job growth, the Brazilian government offered tax and legal incentives for technology companies within Rio. Estimated population was 6.35

Trends 100
article thumbnail

Portfolio Management

Independent Banker

During my 20-plus years of dealing with community bankers, either as an investment strategist, sales rep or business-development manager, I have come to understand that certain buzz words fall on deaf ears. tax-equivalent yield, 2.) With the typical community bank investment, each of these variables should be easily attainable.

article thumbnail

Predicting the Next Banking Crisis Is a Fool’s Game. Not Learning From the Last One: Equally Foolish

Jeff For Banks

More recently and by comparison, the mortgage meltdown and subsequent global financial crisis took down more than 500 banks between 2007 and 2014, with total assets of nearly $959 billion. And quite frankly, I did not know there were so many tranches to mortgage-backed securities. trillion failed. Let those numbers sink in a bit.

FDIC 78
article thumbnail

Banking's Top 5 in Total Return to Shareholders: 2018 Edition

Jeff For Banks

But once they turned things around they took their deferred tax asset back onto their books and did three acquisition. is the parent company of Willamette Valley Bank, a community bank headquartered in Salem, Oregon. That is up from $6 million in 2014. Please do not claim to invest in any security based on what you read here.

Oregon 101
article thumbnail

My Fantasy Banking Team

Jeff For Banks

Chan came as part of the recap, and rose to Chairman in 2014. Since his joining the Board, the bank has stabilized, returned to profitability, recaptured it's deferred tax asset, and NPAs/Assets have declined to less than 3%. Selection: Mitch Englert, EVP of Community Banking, Capital City Bank Group, Inc.