article thumbnail

Creating A Community For A Niche Outdoor Brand Around

PYMNTS

Apart from online sales, they have brick and mortar stores in Seattle, Portland, Denver and Whistler, British Columbia ( with a 100,000 square foot retail operation under construction in Salt Lake City), an adventure travel business, and an outreach program to local retailers.

Community 100
article thumbnail

New Report: Speeding Toward Startup Success?

PYMNTS

PYMNTS recently caught up with Joe Munk, the program manager of the Portland State University Startup Accelerator in Oregon, to discuss small business accelerators, the benefits of collaboration and what he sees ahead for startup success. The move is designed to help developers monetize their products and sell to a wider audience.

Portland 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Real Estate Startup Bungalow Secures $64M In Funding

PYMNTS

Bungalow also helps to create a sense of community through exclusive social events and volunteer opportunities so residents can get to know each other. “My It was hard to find a great home and even harder to build a supportive community away from friends and family,” Andrew Collins, co-founder and CEO of Bungalow, said in a press release. “We

San Diego 100
article thumbnail

Accelerating To The Future?

PYMNTS

With more than 700 now in operation across the United States, small business accelerators are becoming increasingly crucial engines of the U.S. And the financial benefits of these accelerators may only be the start of the equation, at least according to Joe Munk, program manager at the Portland State University Startup Accelerator in Oregon.

Portland 100
article thumbnail

Grocery Round-Up: Amazon Fresh Opens, Whole Foods Cuts Prices And The US Grocery Sales Boom Slows Down 

PYMNTS

However, the store isn’t quite operating at full capacity, as COVID-related limitations have made that impossible. . Mackey said the chain has taken a long hard look at its operations to find more cost reductions. focuses on products of interest to Asian-Americans “because that's a very underserved community. Has A Big Year .

article thumbnail

For This Startup, Scale Was A Matter Of Necessity

PYMNTS

Well, according to Cofounder and CEO Eric Breon, scaling was a matter of necessity when Vacasa first started out because rental homes were illegal in the company’s home turf of Portland, Oregon, in all but commercial areas (which greatly limited the company’s initial reach). Italy, Spain, Belize and Chile.

Portland 174
article thumbnail

Building The Beard Trend Into A Successful eCommerce Portal 

PYMNTS

But it wasn’t until he attended the West Coast Beard and Mustache Championship in Portland in 2012 — basically a beauty contest for facial hair — that he realized beard love was a much bigger phenomenon, and one he wanted to stake an entrepreneurial flag into. . “I I realized there was a community of individuals like me.

Trends 131