article thumbnail

Lyft Rolls Out Vehicle Partitions In Health Safety Program

PYMNTS

Los Angeles, Seattle, Boston, Phoenix, Dallas and New York City. Our community is counting on us to put their health and safety first,” said Angie Westbrock, vice president of global operations and head of Lyft’s COVID-19 Response Task Force, in a prepared statement. “By The company said it sells them to drivers at no profit.

article thumbnail

Amazon Speeds Up Deliveries In Four Cities

PYMNTS

Amazon has established smaller warehouses around Dallas, Phoenix, Philadelphia and Orlando to make its same-day deliveries faster. . We’re proud of the fact that our Same-Day services are driven in partnership with local communities where we operate and made possible by the people who live there.

Phoenix 175
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Home Depot Ramps Up Distribution To Meet Demand From Remodelers

PYMNTS

The largest of the three new Georgia operations, according to Home Depot, is a 657,000-square-foot distribution center in Locust Grove. The community is about 35 miles southeast of Atlanta on Interstate 75. ” In May, The Home Depot saw an increase in the average amount spent by customers per visit.

Meeting 143
article thumbnail

5 New Year’s Resolutions For Any Sized Bank That You Must Get Right in 2023

South State Correspondent

In addition, they may consider focusing on these five critical areas: Improve Operating Leverage. To improve the quality of their earnings, banks need their number one focus to be on making their operations more efficient. To the extent projects improve operating leverage and the total experience, so much the better.

article thumbnail

Wardrobe Expands Fashion Rental Concept With New Acquisition

PYMNTS

With its recent purchase of Dallas-based Rent My Wardrobe, it is gaining a geographic footprint in the southern U.S. I believe financial independence is the highest form of feminism, and I conceived Rent My Wardrobe as a monetization platform built around a community of women supporting each other.”. “I Reinvention, he said, is key. “We

Dallas 247
article thumbnail

How Texas Restaurants Are Using A Safety Seal of Approval To Get Customers Back

PYMNTS

Last month, the two entities said they were working in partnership with Dallas College to train, inspect and certify restaurants, and their safety efforts, as they reopen in the wake of the pandemic. For now, restaurants that are reopening are operating at 50 percent or less capacity, said Monastero, pressuring margins.

Texas 211
article thumbnail

What Makes an Effective Community Banking Board?

Jeff For Banks

And it doesn't matter if they are in Ag Supply or are the brand manager for the Dallas Cowboys. Then, as now, my working theory is that the best boards are ones that approve strategy and hold management accountable for achieving it, and effectively dispatch their duties as described by the FDIC above.