article thumbnail

Calling All Salesforce and nCino Banks

South State Correspondent

We will be holding an in-person roundtable session at the upcoming S&P Global Community Bank Conference 2022 at the Four Seasons Resort and Club at Las Colinas (Dallas) on May 16 th at 3pm. If you are not already registered for the conference, check out the agenda, and go HERE.

Dallas 195
article thumbnail

Comerica names leader of outreach to nonprofits in Black community

American Banker

The Dallas company has given Summer Faussette, an external affairs executive, the additional role of national African American business development manager, with a special focus on networking with nonprofit organizations.

Dallas 74
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lower taxes, more M&A: Behind a California bank’s move to Texas

American Banker

First Foundation is relocating its corporate headquarters to Dallas, where the tax burden is lighter and it sees more opportunity to beef up lending, add wealth management clients and pursue acquisitions of community banks.

Taxes 65
article thumbnail

Austin Mayor Announces Cancellation Of SXSW Due To Coronavirus

PYMNTS

The annual music and culture festival SXSW in Austin, Texas has been canceled due to fears over the spreading of the coronavirus , according to a report by Dallas News. As recently as Wednesday, Austin Public Health stated that ‘there’s no evidence that closing SXSW or any other gatherings will make the community safer.’

Austin 141
article thumbnail

What Makes an Effective Community Banking Board?

Jeff For Banks

I will say there seems to be more PE, Investment Banker, Investment Management types on the Bottom 5 boards than on the Top 5. Then, as now, my working theory is that the best boards are ones that approve strategy and hold management accountable for achieving it, and effectively dispatch their duties as described by the FDIC above.

article thumbnail

What Makes an Effective Community Banking Board?

Jeff For Banks

I will say there seems to be more PE, Investment Banker, Investment Management types on the Bottom 5 boards than on the Top 5. Then, as now, my working theory is that the best boards are ones that approve strategy and hold management accountable for achieving it, and effectively dispatch their duties as described by the FDIC above.

article thumbnail

15 Minutes With … Jimmy Rasmussen

Independent Banker

IB: You were recently reelected to serve a second term on the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas board of directors. I do my best to be their voice at our Dallas meetings. IB: What kinds of insights do you provide as a director to the Dallas Fed? IB: What kinds of insights do you provide as a director to the Dallas Fed?

Dallas 131