Remove Bitcoin Remove Community Remove National Remove Taxes
article thumbnail

Bitcoin Tracker: Bitcoin Black Friday

PYMNTS

In this week’s Bitcoin Tracker, bitcoin soars, then settles down and plans for its yearly sale abound. Switzerland gives bitcoin a hand by way of rail ticket machine sales, an Australian startup banks on the aptly named Dash and Zcash fervor fades. But as markets saw their prices fall, bitcoin’s numbers went up.

Bitcoin 192
article thumbnail

Bitcoin’s Resplendent Week

PYMNTS

Milan, Italy was the host of a formal bitcoin conference to address scaling and a protest conference that addressed, well, everything that the formal conference didn’t. Scaling of bitcoin is a thorny issue and one that caused some dissension at the Scaling Bitcoin conference that took place on October 8 and 9.

Bitcoin 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Blockchain Firms Flock To Switzerland’s ‘Crypto Valley’

PYMNTS

“[Zug] has long been home to citizens from around the world, with over 30 percent of its population being foreign nationals,” Oliver Bussmann, who is the founder of Bussmann Advisory AG and president of the Crypto Valley Association (CVA), told PYMNTS in an email interview.

article thumbnail

Why Kenya’s Central Bank Notice on Bitcoin was Misinformed

Bankelele

On Tuesday, December 15th , the Central Bank of Kenya issued a public notice on bitcoin in the Daily Nation: CAUTION TO THE PUBLIC ON VIRTUAL CURRENCIES SUCH AS BITCOIN – it read. Suffice to say, I have a firm grasp of Bitcoin in whole. Evidently, Bitcoin and bonga points fall in the same category.

Bitcoin 28
article thumbnail

My top five Decentralized Finance predictions for 2020

Lex Sokolin

If you withdraw your Ether, you get charged an interest rate determined by an open governance community. you get paid some market-clearing interest rate to loan out assets like Bitcoin, which someone is borrowing for a trading or hedging purpose. But both are inspired and motivated by Bitcoin. That is to say?—?governments

article thumbnail

Using The Blockchain To Bring Banking To Everyone

PYMNTS

Némethi is not a professional humanitarian or someone who thought much about the refugee crisis until he found himself — a Hungarian national living abroad in Norway — disturbed by his country’s reaction to the flood of refugees fleeing Syria’s civil war. “I I am Hungarian, and things just haven’t been the same over the last six years. “It

article thumbnail

2021 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

Some interesting finalists would be: M&T and People’s United Old National and First Midwest Webster and Sterling Columbia Bank and Umpqua. Congrats on a brave move and national recognition Jim! Goes to Eric Sprink, Coastal Community Bank , Everett, Wash. Chuck Snyder, chief executive of National Cooperative Bank (NCB).

Fintech 142