Remove 2014 Remove Community Remove Taxes Remove Technology
article thumbnail

US Intel Community: Supply Chain Cyberattack Imminent

PYMNTS

intelligence experts are warning of the risks of major cyberattacks on the technology operating throughout businesses’ supply chains, according to BBC reports Thursday (July 26), raising alarms for enterprises that increasingly rely on software to function and interact with their business partners. A report by the U.S.

Community 104
article thumbnail

Can Rio de Janeiro Withstand The Olympic Pressure?

PYMNTS

In this week’s edition of PYMNTS’ Weekly Tech Center Roundup , we set our sights on Brazil, where, despite the political and economic issues that tend to dominate the headlines, the country’s technology market is still going strong. million as of 2014. Estimated population was 6.35 The city’s GDP per capita is $19,131.

Trends 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Xero TaxTouch is Tinder for the Gig Economy’s Taxes

Fintech Labs Insights

The app, Xero TaxTouch aims to help self-employed workers track business expenses and manage their business-related tax deductions. It also tracks estimated taxes and generates a report to help users prepare a Schedule C document to send to their Xero tax accounting professional (if they have one).

Taxes 12
article thumbnail

My Fantasy Banking Team

Jeff For Banks

Chan came as part of the recap, and rose to Chairman in 2014. Since his joining the Board, the bank has stabilized, returned to profitability, recaptured it's deferred tax asset, and NPAs/Assets have declined to less than 3%. Selection: Mitch Englert, EVP of Community Banking, Capital City Bank Group, Inc.

article thumbnail

Bitcoin’s Resplendent Week

PYMNTS

But Takach is confident that the law will catch up with technological innovation. Takach’s point is that different states and countries will have a different reaction to disruptive technologies, and a rushed and ill-thought-out policy could be counterproductive. There is also a bitcoin vending machine that first appeared in 2014.

Bitcoin 100
article thumbnail

Predicting the Next Banking Crisis Is a Fool’s Game. Not Learning From the Last One: Equally Foolish

Jeff For Banks

More recently and by comparison, the mortgage meltdown and subsequent global financial crisis took down more than 500 banks between 2007 and 2014, with total assets of nearly $959 billion. Although community banks did not lend to sub-prime borrowers in any meaningful way, did we participate? trillion failed.

FDIC 78
article thumbnail

Hard Problems in Cryptocurrency: Five Years Later

Vitalik Buterin

In 2014, I made a post and a presentation with a list of hard problems in math, computer science and economics that I thought were important for the cryptocurrency space (as I then called it) to be able to reach maturity. In this post, I'll go through the 16 problems from 2014 one by one, and see just where we are today on each one.