article thumbnail

Crypto Fails To Impress For Corporate Tax Payments

PYMNTS

to allow businesses to pay their corporate taxes in bitcoin. In an interview with CNBC at the time, Ohio’s then-State Treasurer Josh Mandel said the initiative would increase “options and ease” for businesses, and support the local tech startup community.

Taxes 145
article thumbnail

How Tech Solved a Taxing Problem for This Texas Bank

American Banker

Community banks are often burdened with manual data entry for processing commercial loans. Union State Bank has turned to digitization software to make it easier. It may sound modest in the age of APIs, but it made a quantifiable difference.

Texas 28
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

PR Insight: Tell Me What You Really Think

William Mills

But credit unions are often a great untapped resource for expertise on financial topics for their community. Unlike a hard news story or a feature article written by a magazine, newspaper or website’s staff, an op-ed takes a stance on a topic of interest to the publication’s readership and outlines a strong argument on a specific viewpoint.

article thumbnail

Banking's Top 5 in Total Return to Shareholders: 2018 Edition

Jeff For Banks

But once they turned things around they took their deferred tax asset back onto their books and did three acquisition. is the parent company of Willamette Valley Bank, a community bank headquartered in Salem, Oregon. They have been a regular on the American Banker Magazine's top 200 ROE bank for five years running.

Oregon 101
article thumbnail

How About Profits in the Branch of the Future?

Jeff For Banks

In the chart below, derived from The Kafafian Group’s (TKG) peer database of hundreds of community bank branches, we see that the revenue generated from deposit spreads, asset spreads (typically consumer loans), and fees (typically deposit fees) as a percent of branch deposits averaged 2.08% for commercial banks and 1.88% for thrifts during 2014.

article thumbnail

My Fantasy Banking Team

Jeff For Banks

The Owner/Chairman Criteria: I looked to Bank Director Magazine's annual scorecard for my pick. Since his joining the Board, the bank has stabilized, returned to profitability, recaptured it's deferred tax asset, and NPAs/Assets have declined to less than 3%. They "received" their funds, and lent it into their communities.

article thumbnail

Four Ideas on Bank Retail Investment Sales

Jeff For Banks

Bank Investment Consultant magazine recently published the results of a bank/credit union investment sales benchmarking report from Kehrer Bielan Research and Consulting. The most profitable program that we measure, on a pre-tax profit as percent of revenue basis, is one that is totally outsourced. Getting back to profitability.

Retail 86