Remove Capital Remove Community Remove Miami Remove Technology
article thumbnail

A digital-first bank for south Florida

Independent Banker

Observing the gap in pandemic relief in south Florida due to a lack of local community banks, a trio of banking veterans teamed up to form a digital-first community bank—and were granted a charter in record time to support local businesses. By Katie Kuehner-Hebert. Name: Locality Bank. Assets: $55 million. Built on a solid foundation.

Florida 91
article thumbnail

5 New Year’s Resolutions For Any Sized Bank That You Must Get Right in 2023

South State Correspondent

Because many banks are now producing below their cost of capital, growth further exacerbates their issues and drives them out of business (likely through a sale) faster. Without the windfall of profit accrued to banks in 2022 because of faster-than-expected rate increases, banks will need to be better allocators of capital.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Who were ICBA’s Top Lenders of 2022?

Independent Banker

Last year, community bank loan producers were faced with both record-low interest rates and a glut of deposits. But as they always do, they came through for individuals and businesses in their communities with a combination of personalized service and prudent risk management practices. First Community Bank of the Heartland, Inc.

article thumbnail

Innovation on Display: The 2017 Ford GT and FIS Connect 2017

Celent Banking

I like analogies because they can inject simplicity into the most complex discussions of financial technology, and make abstract concepts become more concrete and accessible to the casual fan of technology. As sharp-eyed Celent retail banking subscribers know, I'm an avid collector of good analogies. As Ford has shown with its 3.5L

article thumbnail

The 2017 Ford GT and FIS Connect 2017: Innovation on Display

Celent Banking

I like analogies because they can inject simplicity into the most complex discussions of financial technology, and make abstract concepts become more concrete and accessible to the casual fan of technology. As sharp-eyed Celent retail banking subscribers know, I'm an avid collector of good analogies. As Ford has shown with its 3.5L

article thumbnail

FI Highlight: TotalBank

NCR

Headquartered in Miami, TotalBank is a leading, full-service community bank offering personal and business banking, lending, and wealth management services. TotalBank has proudly served the Miami community for more than 40 years. Can you tell us about this technology and how it works?

Miami 45
article thumbnail

Tech Center: Orlando Dips Its Toes Into Tech Startup Water

PYMNTS

The latest pieces of tech news to hit the Orlando tech scene are Lockheed Martin ‘s $100 million missile deal and Elon Musk’s Hyperloop One transit system that promises to get people from Miami to Orlando in 26 minutes. ND: I’ve been involved in the Orlando tech community for 10+ years.

Florida 110