Remove Boston Remove Community Remove Download Remove Online
article thumbnail

Top News In Payments: Bank Closings Hit Rural Areas; Kaspersky Highlights Rise Of Fake Notifications

PYMNTS

Bank Branch Closings Take Toll On Rural Communities. Rural communities with lower incomes or a higher percentage of minorities experienced the most closings, losing 1,553 bank branches in 794 counties, a decline of 14 percent. Urban areas, however, lost only 9 percent of offices in 802 communities. for $4 billion.

article thumbnail

How Spend Tools Feed Food Banks’ Need For Accountability

PYMNTS

Yordex offers virtual cards as well, which can be used to manage online business expenses, such as recurring subscription charges. In addition, the solution allows users to download attachments, and helps SMBs to better understand the state of their financials. Spend Tools To Win The ‘Game Of Keystrokes’.

Tools 141
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Are Retailers Ready For Amazon?s Prime Time?

PYMNTS

Then I went to Whole Foods on the North Shore of Boston Saturday morning to do some grocery shopping. Another had an offer with a promo code to get $10 off my first online order, which would be delivered free to my front door in two hours or less once I linked my Prime account to Whole Foods. Prime Time at the Grocery Store.

Retail 156
article thumbnail

Getting Mobile Ready

Independent Banker

Big-brand megabanks, the Visa and MasterCard networks, and big-box merchants had signed up to become partners with Apple’s universal retail smartphone app that uses Near Field Communication and tokenization technologies. So where do ballyhooed mobile banking and payments developments among the biggest players leave community banks?

Mobile 105
article thumbnail

23 VC-Backed Brick & Mortar Startups Changing The Face Of Main Street

CB Insights

Download this research briefing to see how corporates and startups are shaping the future of retail with tech. Ample Hills Creamery — named for a line in a Walt Whitman poem — is an ice cream shop and “community gathering place.” Follain is a healthy beauty store with locations in Boston, Washington DC, and Nantucket.

Maine 70
article thumbnail

Mobile Payments: What’s In It For Me?

PYMNTS

According to Andrea Boetti, vice president of global business development at Fortumo, although Asia has the highest growth in online content consumption, digital merchants often have difficulty collecting payments because many consumers do not have a credit card. Carrier billing allows uses to make online payments. But In the U.S.,

Mobile 100
article thumbnail

The SMB Challenger Banks: Bank Novo

Fintech Labs Insights

The company is an aggressive online marketer attracting nearly 300,000 visits via paid marketing across 740 publishers vs. 80,000 via organic search according to SEMrush (Aug 2021). The banking partner is Middlesex Savings Bank , a Natick, MA-based community bank with $5.7B in assets and 32 branches in the Boston suburbs.

Boston 15