article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Shifts in lending

Independent Banker

While it has had some benefits, like stronger risk management for our banks, it has made the customer process much more daunting. But community banks have adapted to address that shift. So, while this next round of uncertainty will bring with it new challenges, the strength of the community bank business model remains intact.

Lending 141
article thumbnail

The benefits of small business relationships

Independent Banker

One Community Bank’s 30-year relationship with All-Color Powder Coating is carried on by banker Steven Erickson (left) and Dan Anderson. Whether achieved by internal or external resources, community banks provide valuable support for small businesses. To achieve this, community banks use a number of strategies.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Facebook Adds New Lobbyists In Libra Push

PYMNTS

Mike Crapo of Idaho, who was head of the Senate Banking Committee until 2003. Hollier also counts Microsoft and the Independent Community Bankers of America as clients. Hollier used to work for Sen. In the middle of July, Michael Williams of The Williams Group started lobbying for Facebook.

Idaho 122
article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Create opportunities for new leaders

Independent Banker

I was driven by the goal of doing whatever I could do to make a difference in my community. I was given a significant opportunity by the board and bank management—one I didn’t take lightly. I was inspired to deepen my engagement, better support our customers and expand our role in our community. Where I’ll be this month.

article thumbnail

2020 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

Banks and credit unions had to fundamentally change their delivery, support and relationship management models at scopes and speeds that were unheard of. And how did community banks and credit unions respond to the COVID craziness? Jill is continually demonstrating just how loud a $300 million community bank can roar!

Idaho 181
article thumbnail

The top-performing community banks of 2021

Independent Banker

Independent Banker’s annual listing top-performing community banks of 2021 alongside interviews with some of the winners. In true community bank fashion, each has its own story to tell and its own path to success. In true community bank fashion, each has its own story to tell and its own path to success. Philadelphia.

article thumbnail

For This Startup, Scale Was A Matter Of Necessity

PYMNTS

So, how did Vacasa , the online vacation rental home startup, go from managing one beachside cabin on the Washington coast that belonged to the family of one of the founder’s wife to a multimillion-dollar company with more than 1,400 employees that manages over 4,000 properties in the U.S. Italy, Spain, Belize and Chile.

Portland 174