Remove Boston Remove Community Remove Download Remove Retail
article thumbnail

Retail Pulse: 7-Eleven Tests Cashierless Tech; Staples Debuts Connect Store Concept

PYMNTS

Brick-and-mortar retailers are testing convenience store designs that let consumers skip the checkout line and pay for their purchases with their mobile phones. 7-Eleven President and CEO Joe DePinto said in an announcement , “Retail technology is evolving at a rapid pace, and customer expectations are driving the evolution.

Retail 143
article thumbnail

Are Retailers Ready For Amazon?s Prime Time?

PYMNTS

Then I went to Whole Foods on the North Shore of Boston Saturday morning to do some grocery shopping. I’ve been a Whole Foods shopper since I moved to Boston 17 years ago for the same reasons that each of you may be too: organic meat, seafood, produce and foods, great bread and cheese and a fun vibe. Prime Time at the Grocery Store.

Retail 156
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

23 VC-Backed Brick & Mortar Startups Changing The Face Of Main Street

CB Insights

As internet retailers are expanding their operations into brick-and-mortar operations (think Warby Parker, Argent, Bonobos, and BaubleBar ), venture capitalists are also investing in “physical-first” startups focused on creating new brick-and-mortar business models. New Frontiers in Retail Tech. How will we shop in 2020?

Maine 70
article thumbnail

Getting Mobile Ready

Independent Banker

Big-brand megabanks, the Visa and MasterCard networks, and big-box merchants had signed up to become partners with Apple’s universal retail smartphone app that uses Near Field Communication and tokenization technologies. So where do ballyhooed mobile banking and payments developments among the biggest players leave community banks?

Mobile 105
article thumbnail

Mobile Payments: What’s In It For Me?

PYMNTS

London transportation that accepts Oyster will support mobile payments of up to £30 only, and for larger amounts, users can use Vodafone Pay at retailers, which requires a PIN. In a Toronto university campus-like town called Liberty Village, an experiment is underway among millennials to explore a cashless community. But In the U.S.,

Mobile 100
article thumbnail

Chatbots And The Future Of Facebook Messenger

PYMNTS

And Messenger and Marcus’ big bet is that its chatbots will provide a mechanism for brands to strike up those conversations with their community faster, cheaper and as well – if not better – than a live person can do now. All inside the Messenger platform. But here’s the big news. Amazon, all by itself, is the No.

Google 100
article thumbnail

FinovateSpring 2016 Live Blog – Day 2

William Mills

Portfolio outlooks, recommendation.Provide retail and advisory users the insight they need with Polly Portfolio. If you have a large retail investor base, and no resources to interact with them, then perhaps there some value? ^SR. Svyatoslav Ostrovsky (Head of Retail Digital Business). Retail for a piece.

Video 40