Remove 2013 Remove Community Remove National Remove Taxes
article thumbnail

3 Ways Credit Union Are Driving Growth

Abrigo

According to the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) , credit unions had a record year in 2015, with 3.7 Federal Reserve System Survey conducted in 2015, 51 percent of mobile banking users had deposited a check using a banking app in the previous 12 months, a 38 percent increase from 2013.

Michigan 150
article thumbnail

Lending to nonprofits: Considerations for credit analysis

Abrigo

According to the Urban Institute’s “ Nonprofit Sector in Brief 2015 ,” the number of nonprofits registered with the Internal Revenue Service increased by about 3,000 a year between 2003 and 2013. economy in 2013, or roughly 5 percent of GDP. Finances related to U.S. Revenues increased 3 percent to $2.26 trillion; assets rose 5.2

Analysis 150
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Austin Is Bringing The FinTech Heat

PYMNTS

Austin’s startup community has seen a big transformation over the years. But as Nate Stewart, Group Product Manager for BigCommerce, pointed out, today startups comprise a sizable percentage of the city’s community. “As There’s a positive feedback loop here that’s causing more and more startups to be created in or move to Austin.”.

Austin 100
article thumbnail

Banking industry trade groups comment on Defense Department’s proposed amended MLA regulations

CFPB Monitor

Mishkin The American Bankers Association, Consumers Bankers Association, Independent Community Bankers of America, National Association of Federal Credit Unions, and Association of Military Banks of America have submitted a 59-page letter commenting on the Department of Defense’s proposed revisions to its Military Loan Act regulations.

Groups 74
article thumbnail

What's With Regulator Agita Over Bank Commercial Real Estate Lending?

Jeff For Banks

and New York Community Bancorp called off their planned merger. The OCC did an excellent analysis of the impact of this guidance in 2013. The Great Recession lasted from the fourth quarter 2007 through the second quarter 2009, according to the National Bureau of Economic Research. And regulators are getting anxious.

Lending 60
article thumbnail

Building Financially Empowered Youth; Our Future Depends on Them

Filene

Earlier this summer, Filene released a research report that examined a systemic problem we face in this country—the lack of accessible financial service options in many low-income, urban communities. They produced a “Don’t Tax My Credit Union” video for Congress in support of credit unions. Project Teen Money.

Video 64
article thumbnail

The Thinker

Independent Banker

in Coldwater, Ohio, and ICBA’s incoming chairman, held fast to his community bank’s conservative lending practices. What concerned me most wasn’t that the customer was upset with me,” recalls Hartings of the homebuyers who ignored his community bank’s cautiously pragmatic approach. “I percent return on equity in 2013.

Ohio 70