Remove Branding Remove Community Remove Leadership Remove Taxes
article thumbnail

Bank Brand Value: Calculated!

Jeff For Banks

I ask and ask and ask: what does brand get you? Forbes calculated brand value in their " World's Most Valuable Brands " by taking anything that a company achieves over an 8% return on equity. Driving ROE higher, but hardly due to its brand. A superior brand usually would command superior price points. i.e. brand.

article thumbnail

Expedia Reportedly Near Deal To Sell $1B Stake To Silver Lake And Apollo

PYMNTS

Last month, Expedia withdrew its 2020 adjusted EBITDA, or earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization, in the wake of the growing impact from the COVID-19 outbreak, which has brought the travel industry to a near halt. “As Expedia runs travel booking brands including Travelocity, Orbitz and Vrbo.

Report 150
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

SoftBank-Backed Brandless Goes Bust

PYMNTS

For its three years in operation, Brandless generated no shortage of buzz with its concept of “private label for less” and the idea that the best brand is no brand at all. Under his leadership, the plan for the brand was to pivot into higher-margin, bigger ticket products such as CBD oil and move Brandless onto store shelves.

Branding 150
article thumbnail

Bankers Are Navigating a Brave New World with Mergers and ESG

Gonzobanker

Cornerstone Advisors estimates $145 billion of pre-tax revenue has disappeared for bankers via margin compression in only the past two years. It must be what pours out from the culture, the leadership, the brand, and the operations of a modern banking institution. Banker in the Middle. Earning the Trust of the Stakeholders.

article thumbnail

2021 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

This is an innovation-seeking franchise that has built a solid brand and never got over its skis in execution. Goes to Eric Sprink, Coastal Community Bank , Everett, Wash. Lifetime Leadership Achievement Awards. Like how does that play into our communities? The most important aspect of this deal is Huntington.

Fintech 143
article thumbnail

Perception Versus Reality: Do People Get More From Credit Unions Than Banks?

Jeff For Banks

Nearly four years ago, I tested the higher interest on deposits claim in a guest post with the exact title on The Financial Brand , an industry publication geared towards marketing executives at banks and credit unions. And the taxes. The reaction that I received, in person, via e-mail, and in the comments were a little sharp-edged.

article thumbnail

The Whole Paycheck Tracker: HQ Enhancements, Empathetic AI And Special Guest Bernie Sanders

PYMNTS

Bartlett said Walmart didn’t receive any “special packages or tax breaks that were out of the ordinary” when building its campus, a not-so-thinly veiled jab at Amazon — whose financial incentive package with New York City causes such massive local uproar that Amazon was eventually persuaded to pull the project entirely. AI Enhancement.

New York 109