Remove Books Remove Community Remove Fintech Remove social media
article thumbnail

Fraud Decisioning Pulls Ahead In A Tight Race

PYMNTS

The world’s biggest social media platforms are cracking down like never before. For their part, the anti-fraud community is hitting back hard. Fraudsters like travel even more than seafood, and travel booking site TripAdvisor has had it. It’s all in the latest PYMNTS Fraud Decisioning Playbook. Fighting Fakes With Fire.

Fraud 131
article thumbnail

CEO Roundtable: Ideas for a successful 2023

Independent Banker

We recently spoke with community bank CEOs from across the country to gain insights on how they’re proactively positioning to manage risks and take advantage of growth opportunities in the coming year. Following some respite in 2022, community bankers are bracing for a tougher economic landscape ahead in 2023. By Beth Mattson-Teig.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Part 2/2: 6 Fintech growth hacks you need to know about

Jessica Ellerm

I’m using a variant of it right now for a promotion I’m running giving away 2 Brett King books. And by leveraging the principles of social proof – Robinhood showed the wait list total on the thank you page – it gave people confidence to share the link with their friends (i.e. The tools are out there!

Fintech 40
article thumbnail

2020 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

And how did community banks and credit unions respond to the COVID craziness? Our clients showed banking at its best – obsessed with customer well-being, good corporate citizenship, and strong community focus. Jill is continually demonstrating just how loud a $300 million community bank can roar! Bravo Brett and team!

Idaho 170
article thumbnail

Seven Big Threats Facing Seven Big Tech And Payments Players This Halloween

PYMNTS

Facebook … and the Facebook Community. And its future is very much in the hands of a community that thinks differently about Facebook today, with many now thinking twice about how and how often they use it. FinTechs … and the Banks They Wanted to Disrupt. The scariest thing for Facebook is the people who use it.

Payments 196
article thumbnail

GonzoBanker Awards 2017

Gonzobanker

FinTech threats and distractions. Rainbolt has quietly built a community bank in the past 20 years that is closing in on $2 billion of market cap. For 35 years, Wilmers led M&T with creativity, integrity and the “old-school” wisdom of a community banker who created a $26 billion market cap company. Payments chaos.

article thumbnail

#31daysofwealthhacks – the joy, the tears and the learnings

Jessica Ellerm

And 1 in 10 Gen Y’s will post their resolutions to social media, in a bid to make themselves more accountable. So feeling very conformist, this year, I decided to revert to my Gen Y type and take part in some financial goal setting, combined with social activity. The birth of #31daysofwealthhacks. Signed up to earn.com.

Taxes 45