Remove Austin Remove Community Remove Community Bank Remove Marketing
article thumbnail

Market your community bank with first-party data

Independent Banker

Illustration by The Laundry Room/Stocksy Customer data fuels efficient and effective marketing these days. Community banks own an enviable amount of data, but not all are leveraging it to its fullest extent. By Mindy Charski People share important data about themselves with their community bank in myriad ways.

article thumbnail

Community banks are thriving in Texas

Independent Banker

Ken Finley, president of Johnson City Bank, in downtown Johnson City with Shannon Sultemeier, executive vice president (left); and Brenda Haynes, vice president/cashier (right). With the record growth of San Antonio, Houston and Austin, southern Texas is becoming a hub for business. Photo by Dennis Burnett. By Mindy Charski.

Texas 182
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Robert Fisher: Who sits at your table?

Independent Banker

Working with a community bank is like being welcomed into the fold, and that’s why we choose our partners with care. But when I think about what makes this time of year special, it’s the sense of community it creates. I guess it’s no wonder that I’ve been drawn to community banking, where connectedness drives that all we do.

article thumbnail

A bridge to affordable housing

Independent Banker

Daniel Galindo, pictured, and Doug Schaeffer of Woodforest National Bank helped involve the community bank in providing funding for and access to affordable housing. Generational wealth typically starts with home ownership,” says Doug Schaeffer, Woodforest National Bank’s executive vice president and executive director, CRA.

Austin 91
article thumbnail

Valley Bank helps lead women home

Independent Banker

By Roshan McArthur For Valley Bank in Wayne, N.J., The near century-old, $57 billion-asset community bank believes deeply in financial empowerment, not just for its customers but for the most vulnerable community members, too. By teaching virtually, Austin has expanded Valley Bank’s reach nationwide. “I

Austin 91
article thumbnail

5 New Year’s Resolutions For Any Sized Bank That You Must Get Right in 2023

South State Correspondent

In addition, with the threat of a recession and dramatically increasing cost of funds, there is a solid argument to be made that banks should be shrinking rather than growing. That said, smart banks will make growth a byproduct and ensure they have all their other processes right. Then there is credit.

article thumbnail

Thoughts from American Banker Retail Banking Conference 2015

Celent Banking

This last week the American Banker Retail Banking Conference 2015 was going on in Austin, TX. As expected, it was a great way to read the temperature of the banking industry. The conference was well attended, with broad representation from all institution sizes and markets. One spoke of the need to market correctly.