Remove 2019 Remove Community Remove FDIC Remove Marketing
article thumbnail

The Death of the Community Bank

Jeff For Banks

In June of 2008 I gave a speech titled "The Death of the Community Bank" and in that speech I made predictions. Much like the General Store fell victim to the supermarket and the lumber yard fell victim to Home Depot, I predicted the community bank that did not pick targeted customer niches or develop product expertise will meet it's doom.

article thumbnail

FDIC: Share of Unbanked Americans Reaches Record Low in 2019

ABA Community Banking

households that are unbanked continued falling in 2019, reaching 5.4%, the lowest rate yet recorded in a biennial FDIC report. The post FDIC: Share of Unbanked Americans Reaches Record Low in 2019 appeared first on ABA Banking Journal. The share of U.S.

FDIC 56
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Walden Mutual aims to serve New England’s food community

Independent Banker

includes (from left): Christina Johantgen (head of marketing and creative), Joe York (head of product), Kelsey Cahill (summer associate), Jackie Charron (chief operating officer and executive vice president), Debbie Morin (chief financial officer), and CEO Charley Cummings. The team at Walden Mutual, a planned de novo in Concord, N.H.,

Community 170
article thumbnail

The Future of Noninterest Income at Financial Institutions

Abrigo

Takeaway 3 Community banks have seen less volatility in noninterest income, and many are still eyeing growth across the category. Noninterest income associated with the housing markets such as securitization, trading, and real estate slowed significantly during the financial crisis and beyond. Community banks target growth.

article thumbnail

2020 CRE Outlook: Trends Expected to Shape Commercial Real Estate Lending

Abrigo

After retailers closed 10,800 stores in 2019, they have already announced new waves of closings as some – not all – retailers pay for their over-expansion or adjust to changes in the way customers shop, the newspaper said. Community financial institution lenders, however, will want to “pick their spots” for CRE loans this year.

Lending 195
article thumbnail

Consumer Banking Predictions 2019: Four Trends to Watch

FICO

For my predictions, I’ll focus on four areas of tactical concern within consumer banking that I feel confident bank executives will make significant progress addressing 2019. We began to see a resurgence in small-dollar lending in 2018 with new regulatory guidance from the OCC and FDIC encouraging banks to compete with payday lenders.

Trends 73
article thumbnail

The Risk Your Asset/Liability Management Process Might Be Missing

Abrigo

Community financial institutions are familiar with utilizing their asset/liability management solutions to limit the risk of rising interest rates. FDIC FIL-46-2013 October 8, 2013. However, back when the FDIC sent that 2013 letter mentioned above to financial institutions, the effective federal funds rate was 0.09%.