Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove FDIC Remove National
article thumbnail

The OCC’s final CRA rule: what changed from the agency’s proposed rule?

CFPB Monitor

On May 20, 2020, the OCC issued a final rule to “strengthen and modernize” its existing Community Reinvestment Act (“CRA”) regulations. of Community Development Fund Advisors. Thomas, Ph.D., Click here for more information and to register.

article thumbnail

Banking's Total Return Top 5

Jeff For Banks

For comparison purposes, here are last year''s top five, as measured during September, 2011: #1 BofI Holdings, Inc. #2 This has led to $863 million of covered loans (loss share arrangements with FDIC), and a yield on such loans of 8.69%, according to its latest investor presentation. and Bank of the Ozarks, Inc. Well done! #3.

Texas 79
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Bankers and Strategic Bets. A Slow Embrace.

Jeff For Banks

Six years ago I asked in a blog post Will Plain Vanilla Kill Community Banking ? When I wrote that post in January 2011 there were 7,700 FDIC insured financial institutions. SunTrust - Developed Lightstream , a national online lending platform to provide consumer loans for practically any purpose. Was I, gulp, a futurist?

Apple 66
article thumbnail

Are the regulators getting you down?

Jeff For Banks

The FDIC has nearly quadrupled its enforcement actions (“EA”) over the past three years. Bay National failed on July 9th. Imagine a bank that seeks to grow organically by positioning itself as a small business expert within its communities. Jeff Note: The above post was taken from my firm''s First Quarter, 2011 newsletter.

article thumbnail

Lack of an M&A Strategy May Leave You Dateless at the Prom

Gonzobanker

The vast majority of exits came from banks with less than $100 million in assets, and more than 10,000 of these institutions left the financial services landscape between 1984 and 2011 due to mergers and failures. Once the filters are in place, tools like the FDIC Web site or SNL can help you produce your target list.

article thumbnail

Building Financially Empowered Youth; Our Future Depends on Them

Filene

Earlier this summer, Filene released a research report that examined a systemic problem we face in this country—the lack of accessible financial service options in many low-income, urban communities. Through the partnership with the school district, we opened our first in-school branch in Madison’s La Follette High School in 2011.

Video 64
article thumbnail

The Mother List of All Banking Books

Jeff For Banks

A Primer on Money, Banking, and Gold 2008 Cordelia Frances Biddle Biddle, Cordelia Frances Biddle, Jackson, and a Nation in Turmoil: The Infamous Bank War 2021 Alan S. Inside the FDIC: Thirty Years of Bank Failures, Bailouts, and Regulatory Battles 2015 Louis D. Money and Power: How Goldman Sachs Came to Rule the World 2011 William D.

America 78