Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Taxes Remove Technology
article thumbnail

Community banks are thriving in Texas

Independent Banker

Here’s how four community banks are thriving in this environment. The 2020 Census quantified the growth many residents were already sensing: Austin grew by 33% between 2010 and 2020, earning it the rank of fastest-growing large metro. The state is growing an impressive technology roster, for example. Photo by Dennis Burnett.

Texas 182
article thumbnail

Austin Is Bringing The FinTech Heat

PYMNTS

Austin’s startup community has seen a big transformation over the years. But as Nate Stewart, Group Product Manager for BigCommerce, pointed out, today startups comprise a sizable percentage of the city’s community. “As There’s a positive feedback loop here that’s causing more and more startups to be created in or move to Austin.”.

Austin 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Location, location, location? How UK housing preferences shifted during the pandemic

BankUnderground

To do this, we combine three data sets giving us information on all housing transactions in England and Wales between 2010 and 2021, including prices paid, detailed property characteristics, as well as features of the Local Authority District where each property is located.

Regional 101
article thumbnail

My Fantasy Banking Team

Jeff For Banks

He joined COB's board in 2009 after its $310 million recapitalization which was needed from a disastrous slew of losses incurred starting in 2008 as a result of awful credit decisions, leading to a 21% NPA/Asset ratio peak in 2010. Selection: Mitch Englert, EVP of Community Banking, Capital City Bank Group, Inc.

article thumbnail

Bitcoin’s Resplendent Week

PYMNTS

But Takach is confident that the law will catch up with technological innovation. Takach’s point is that different states and countries will have a different reaction to disruptive technologies, and a rushed and ill-thought-out policy could be counterproductive. versus Canada, according to NewsBTC. So, residents of Keene have it right.

Bitcoin 100
article thumbnail

Predicting the Next Banking Crisis Is a Fool’s Game. Not Learning From the Last One: Equally Foolish

Jeff For Banks

When the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 passed, the top capital gains tax rate was lowered, providing yet another incentive for equity speculators to pour money into the fledgling internet industry. Although community banks did not lend to sub-prime borrowers in any meaningful way, did we participate? Let those numbers sink in a bit.

FDIC 78
article thumbnail

The Thinker

Independent Banker

in Coldwater, Ohio, and ICBA’s incoming chairman, held fast to his community bank’s conservative lending practices. What concerned me most wasn’t that the customer was upset with me,” recalls Hartings of the homebuyers who ignored his community bank’s cautiously pragmatic approach. “I Jack got us through that just fine.

Ohio 70