article thumbnail

ICBA’s 2021 National Community Bank Service Award winners

Independent Banker

This year’s winners: Left: Central Valley Community Bank, People’s Choice Award; Middle: Kennebec Savings Bank, Exceptional Community Bank Service Award; Right: Cross River Bank, Emerging Service Program Award. Exceptional Community Bank Service Award. Instead, we give those dollars to the community.”. Asset size: $1.36

article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Shifts in lending

Independent Banker

While it has had some benefits, like stronger risk management for our banks, it has made the customer process much more daunting. But community banks have adapted to address that shift. So, while this next round of uncertainty will bring with it new challenges, the strength of the community bank business model remains intact.

Lending 141
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Create opportunities for new leaders

Independent Banker

I was driven by the goal of doing whatever I could do to make a difference in my community. I was given a significant opportunity by the board and bank management—one I didn’t take lightly. I was inspired to deepen my engagement, better support our customers and expand our role in our community. Where I’ll be this month.

article thumbnail

Who were ICBA’s Top Lenders of 2022?

Independent Banker

Last year, community bank loan producers were faced with both record-low interest rates and a glut of deposits. But as they always do, they came through for individuals and businesses in their communities with a combination of personalized service and prudent risk management practices. Photo by Linkes Photography. By Ed Avis.

article thumbnail

How Diversified Revenue Streams Impact Ag Borrowers

Abrigo

Land value At the end of the project, all that farmers and ranchers have left are land value and soil management. Such events can negatively impact the land and soil both during and following development without the proper lease language requiring soil management, reclamation, and weed management plans.

Lending 195
article thumbnail

The Digital Evolution Of The Online Gaming Ecosystem

PYMNTS

Since 2018, when sports betting was only legal in the state of Nevada, 19 additional states and the District of Columbia have legalized the practice, either already allowing bets to be placed or are on the way to doing so. states, with only Arizona, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada and Washington labeling DFS as illegal.

Online 134
article thumbnail

Nipton, Calif., Goes To Pot, Literally

PYMNTS

Nipton is a tiny town that sits on the border with Nevada and is home to about 20 souls. American Green managed to buy the whole thing – all 120 acres of the town – for a very reasonable $5 million. The town, about an hour from Las Vegas and three hours from L.A., has a hotel, a general store and a schoolhouse as its main features.

Las Vegas 109