article thumbnail

Square Partners With POWDR To Offer Ski Resorts Contactless Transactions

PYMNTS

“Safety is our top priority, on and off the mountain, and Square knows this and aligns with POWDR’s Operation Stay Safe, the enhanced POWDR mountain experience that prioritizes the well-being of our staff, guests and community in the midst of the pandemic.”.

Vermont 257
article thumbnail

Amazon, Cano Illustrate Growing Need For Senior Healthcare Creates Opportunity For Innovation

PYMNTS

The firm, founded in 2009, bills itself as a value-based care platform offering services for more than 103,000 members through its network of 564 primary care physicians across 14 markets in Florida, Texas, Nevada and Puerto Rico. The $800 million cash infusion will allow the firm to continue its expansion into more geographies.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Consumer Electronics Show Goes Virtual Due To COVID

PYMNTS

But coronavirus infection rates have since soared across the country, with Nevada reporting 1,000 new cases on Monday (July 27). There have also been reports that 123 visitors to Nevada later tested positive after returning to their home states. ”

Las Vegas 132
article thumbnail

Fiserv Enables SNAP Online EBT Payment Acceptance For Grocers

PYMNTS

Eight additional states, Idaho, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, Texas, West Virginia, Vermont and the District of Columbia, are slated to be added in June. In addition to New York, the program is now available for SNAP recipients in Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, Nebraska, New York, Oregon and Washington.

Online 151
article thumbnail

Rebeca Romero Rainey: Create opportunities for new leaders

Independent Banker

I was driven by the goal of doing whatever I could do to make a difference in my community. I was inspired to deepen my engagement, better support our customers and expand our role in our community. Having that door opened to me unleashed a passion to do more to help community banks flourish. Where I’ll be this month.

article thumbnail

Can Crypto Power Tourist Cities, Block By Blockchain?

PYMNTS

Keng Kai said in the FX Empire interview, “Technological innovations will be focused on the improvement of the fundamental infrastructure and integrated with the city statistics. China is hardly the only player looking to create so-called crypto cities: In Nevada, a digital currency millionaire is aiming to build a blockchain-based community.

article thumbnail

Nipton, Calif., Goes To Pot, Literally

PYMNTS

Nipton is a tiny town that sits on the border with Nevada and is home to about 20 souls. Nipton, appropriately enough, has it roots in the mining communities that popped up in the California and Nevada desert during the gold and silver rushes that sent eager prospectors and fortune hunters flooding west during the 19th century.

Las Vegas 109