article thumbnail

NJ-based Provident Bank upgrades digital channels amid pandemic 

Bank Innovation

For one community bank in New Jersey, its digital overhaul came at a crucial time, and Provident Bank has been pushing its digital capabilities to customers during the novel coronavirus pandemic since revamping its online banking earlier this month.

NJ 259
article thumbnail

The top-performing community banks of 2021

Independent Banker

Independent Banker’s annual listing top-performing community banks of 2021 alongside interviews with some of the winners. In true community bank fashion, each has its own story to tell and its own path to success. In true community bank fashion, each has its own story to tell and its own path to success.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Predicting the Next Banking Crisis Is a Fool’s Game. Not Learning From the Last One: Equally Foolish

Jeff For Banks

Although community banks did not lend to sub-prime borrowers in any meaningful way, did we participate? In many respects, community banks were caught in the cross-fire through the purchase of those mbs instruments – and subsequent trial through public sentiment. We were concerned about the panic.

FDIC 78
article thumbnail

Why Small Banks Are Rushing to Issue Subordinated Debt

American Banker

Community banks are stepping up efforts to raise cheap capital to fuel loan growth, make acquisitions and redeem pricier sources of funds.

article thumbnail

N.J. Bank Leans on Its Co-Founders 20 Years Later

American Banker

Shore Community Bank in Toms River, N.J., has called on some old friends to lead the board of directors.

article thumbnail

Too Much on the Dollar Menu?

Jeff For Banks

I recently spoke at a NJ Bankers Association event about the things I learned this recession (see blog post regarding subject). My company does line of business and product profitability reporting for community banks. Since writing that missive, I realized I left one out.

NJ 60
article thumbnail

Community Banker of the Year: Anthony Labozzetta

American Banker

His unusual approach to banking helped Sussex emerge from the financial crisis with momentum. Now he's building a branch model that could serve as a blueprint for growth-minded banks. Anthony Labozzetta, CEO of Sussex Bancorp in New Jersey, isn't afraid of change.