Remove Boston Remove Community Remove Millennials Remove Mobile
article thumbnail

Getting Mobile Ready

Independent Banker

Finding the right place, at the right pace in a volatile and uncertain mobile marketplace. Research and everyday observation show how consumers are increasingly using mobile technologies. But how far are they willing to go to do their banking on small mobile devices? By Collin Canright. Ed Bachelder, payments consultant.

Mobile 105
article thumbnail

Mobile Payments: What’s In It For Me?

PYMNTS

While mint chocolate chip ice-cream might be the way to a foodie’s heart, MintChip digital currency is not the way to a millennial’s mobile wallet, apparently — at least not in Liberty Village, Toronto. South Korea Is Mega Mobile. Korean consumers see no evil in mobile payments. is that Android mobile users in the U.K.

Mobile 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What Serving The Internet’s ‘Underserved’ Means For Payments

PYMNTS

communities. That matters because as time goes by and existing cities become prohibitively expensive — think San Francisco, New York City and Los Angeles, with Chicago, Boston and other areas not far behind — many younger, well-educated consumers are making moves to exurban or even rural areas, or smaller cities. Expensive Cities.

Payments 131
article thumbnail

Can ‘Elective’ Fees Work For Retail Banks?

PYMNTS

Most people like their banks, a built-in advantage for banks and credit unions as they fend off challenges from upstarts, and as more and more financial services get the mobile touch. The last such store closed earlier this year in Boston. We want to build a community around shared values,” Cherny noted.

Retail 116
article thumbnail

Are Retailers Ready For Amazon?s Prime Time?

PYMNTS

Then I went to Whole Foods on the North Shore of Boston Saturday morning to do some grocery shopping. I’ve been a Whole Foods shopper since I moved to Boston 17 years ago for the same reasons that each of you may be too: organic meat, seafood, produce and foods, great bread and cheese and a fun vibe. Prime Time at the Grocery Store.

Retail 156
article thumbnail

12 Industries Experts Say Millennials Are Killing — And Why They’re Wrong

CB Insights

Every few weeks, another story about the dreaded generation surfaces: millennials are killing casual dining; millennials are killing breakfast cereal; millennials are killing home ownership. Millennials aren’t shunning luxury goods; they’re just renting them instead of buying. Millennials are in debt.

article thumbnail

Chatbots And The Future Of Facebook Messenger

PYMNTS

And Messenger and Marcus’ big bet is that its chatbots will provide a mechanism for brands to strike up those conversations with their community faster, cheaper and as well – if not better – than a live person can do now. Consumers love mobile. Those three apps account for 4 out of every 5 minutes on mobile. In the U.S.,

Google 100