Remove 2008 Remove Community Remove Regulation Remove Taxes
article thumbnail

How Does ChatGPT Describe the Economy and Banking?

Jeff For Banks

Additionally, the implementation of new policies by the government, such as changes to taxes and regulations, could also influence economic outlook. However, as I mentioned, it will not do well in replacing discernment, context, and gray areas where community banks tend to operate. The tool is still new and evolving.

article thumbnail

Collections Predictions 2021: After the Debt Tsunami, the Flood

FICO

Regulators will want more tolerance, but many credit grantors will be unable to afford it. When you have loans that are not profitable, and the regulator wants you to take the loss, you will push those loans to the debt resolution space. It’s not just regulators who will push for tolerance, the government will as well.

Taxes 76
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Cash Flow A Tough Lesson To Learn For SMBs

PYMNTS

Intuit found 42 percent of SMBs have experienced cash flow issues in the last year alone, despite tax cuts and other regulatory policies designed to support the small business community. CFOs are also struggling to achieve growth, maintain competitiveness and stay agile as regulations change. Fifty-two percent of U.S.

Survey 158
article thumbnail

Predicting the Next Banking Crisis Is a Fool’s Game. Not Learning From the Last One: Equally Foolish

Jeff For Banks

Second, this can be accomplished only if the industry does not have too much influence over its regulators and if the regulators have the ability to hire, train, and retain qualified staff. Third, the regulators need adequate financial resources. My lesson learned to the regulators, read your past lessons learned.

FDIC 78
article thumbnail

Cash Flow A Tough Lesson To Learn For SMBs

PYMNTS

Intuit found 42 percent of SMBs say they have experienced cash flow issues in the last year alone despite tax cuts and other regulatory policies designed to support the small business community. CFOs are also struggling to achieve growth, maintain competitiveness, and stay agile as regulations change. 52 percent of U.S.

Survey 123
article thumbnail

Guest Post: Financial Markets and Economic Update by Dorothy Jaworski

Jeff For Banks

I believe that we are in this era of weak growth, now eight years old, for the long haul unless changes are made to regulation and we stop adding debt at break-neck speed. trillion in 2008. million at the end of December, 2007, before the crisis hit in 2008. million in December, 2008 and the peak occurred in October, 2009 at 21.4

article thumbnail

Banker Quotes: As Told To Me v5

Jeff For Banks

Since I estimate my Twitter community only reads about 10% of their tweet stream, and so many of my blog readers do not follow Twitter, below are selected quotes that I tweeted since version 4. In the third quarter 2008, the average money market account had a balance of $72,823. Regulators will focus on the fire.

NJ 83