article thumbnail

The top-performing community banks of 2021

Independent Banker

Independent Banker’s annual listing top-performing community banks of 2021 alongside interviews with some of the winners. In true community bank fashion, each has its own story to tell and its own path to success. In true community bank fashion, each has its own story to tell and its own path to success. Philadelphia.

article thumbnail

Credit Issues Stalk Malls And Anchor Tenants

PYMNTS

On the optimistic side Elliot Nassim , president of Mason Asset Management, which co-owns the University Mall in Carbondale, Illinois, says: “We have always felt that the retail industry is evolving, despite what doomsday headlines would have you believe.

NJ 132
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Who were ICBA’s Top Lenders of 2022?

Independent Banker

Last year, community bank loan producers were faced with both record-low interest rates and a glut of deposits. But as they always do, they came through for individuals and businesses in their communities with a combination of personalized service and prudent risk management practices. First Community Bank of the Heartland, Inc.

article thumbnail

CFPB and DOJ announce redlining settlement

CFPB Monitor

Those MSAs were the New York City-Northern New Jersey- Long Island MSA (the “NY/NJ MSA”), the Philadelphia, PA-Camden, NJ –Wilmington, DE MSA (the “Camden MSA”), and the Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, CT MSA (collectively, the “three Affected MSAs”).

NJ 60
article thumbnail

Credit Unions in the Crosshairs: Cybersecurity | Research Colloquium

Filene

Tuesday, January 26 | Newark, NJ | 9:00 a.m. - FS-ISAC on Cyber Community Defense: The Importance of Information Sharing. Theran Colwell, CUNA Mutual Group, Director, Risk Management Commercial Products. Sunmark FCU, Sara Spychalski, Vice President, Risk Management. A Filene Research Colloquium. MORNING SESSION.

NJ 48
article thumbnail

Predicting the Next Banking Crisis Is a Fool’s Game. Not Learning From the Last One: Equally Foolish

Jeff For Banks

To you, manage your interest rate risk. Although community banks did not lend to sub-prime borrowers in any meaningful way, did we participate? In many respects, community banks were caught in the cross-fire through the purchase of those mbs instruments – and subsequent trial through public sentiment.

FDIC 78
article thumbnail

Banker Quotes: As Told To Me v6

Jeff For Banks

Since I estimate my Twitter community only reads about 10% of their tweet stream, and so many of my blog readers do not follow Twitter, below are selected quotes that I tweeted since version 5. D-F erected barriers to entry that makes it very difficult for your branch manager to talk to you about a mortgage. Which is unfortunate.

NJ 98