Remove 2013 Remove Community Remove FDIC Remove Security
article thumbnail

10 Top Banking Podcasts You Should be Listening to

Abrigo

Other podcasts might be internationally based and of little interest to community financial institutions or credit unions based in the U.S. Main Street Banking: A Podcast for Community Bankers 8. Using Data to Acquire, Engage, and Retain Banking Customers,” and “Customer Identity: Balancing Security and Seamless Banking Experiences.”

Community 195
article thumbnail

Bankers: Is your strategy the same as your competitor?

Jeff For Banks

It is annual report season, meaning publicly traded financial institutions are finalizing their 2013 numbers and submitting their 10k''s to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). We believe we can effectively compete as a community bank in our market area and the niche markets we serve. Department of Agriculture.

Strategy 100
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Mother List of All Banking Books

Jeff For Banks

Guardians of Prosperity: Why America Needs Big Banks 2013 John F. Inside the FDIC: Thirty Years of Bank Failures, Bailouts, and Regulatory Battles 2015 Louis D. 2013 Joshua R. The World in Depression, 1929–1939 2013 Charles P. Blinder Blinder, Alan S. Bonadio Bonadio, Felice A. Giannini: Banker of America 1994 Richard X.

America 78
article thumbnail

The Thinker

Independent Banker

in Coldwater, Ohio, and ICBA’s incoming chairman, held fast to his community bank’s conservative lending practices. What concerned me most wasn’t that the customer was upset with me,” recalls Hartings of the homebuyers who ignored his community bank’s cautiously pragmatic approach. “I percent return on equity in 2013.

Ohio 70
article thumbnail

Wading Through the Waters

Independent Banker

In June, five federal agencies (including FDIC, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and the Federal Reserve) announced approval of a final rule that modifies regulations applying to loans secured by properties located in special flood hazard areas. There is an exception that will be key for many community banks to understand.

article thumbnail

Four Ideas on Bank Retail Investment Sales

Jeff For Banks

My firm measures line of business and product profitability for dozens of community financial institutions, and hardly any of them make real money in retail investment sales, if they make any money at all. At the end of 2013, US registered investment companies managed $17.1 With that title comes trust, security, and integrity.

Retail 84