Remove banker-to-banker-sign-up
article thumbnail

2020 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

Bankers started the year with good business plans, strong balance sheets, and optimism. Banks and credit unions had to fundamentally change their delivery, support and relationship management models at scopes and speeds that were unheard of. And how did community banks and credit unions respond to the COVID craziness?

Idaho 172
article thumbnail

2021 GonzoBanker Awards

Gonzobanker

THE BANKER AWARDS. Bank Deal of the Year. With prices rational and revenue pinched, there were some nice acquisitions by many banks. Bancorp for grabbing MUFG Union Bank. Lots of tech and operations to clean up, it appears, but no solid bank is better qualified than the team from Minneapolis. Doug Larson.

Fintech 143
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Good News from Gen Next

Independent Banker

He’s a high school senior who lives in suburban Chicago. About 99 percent of the time I use the app on my phone when I need to do some kind of banking,” Bauhs says. About 99 percent of the time I use the app on my phone when I need to do some kind of banking,” Bauhs says. And the other 1 percent I go into the bank.”.

article thumbnail

Good News from Gen Next

Independent Banker

He’s a high school senior who lives in suburban Chicago. About 99 percent of the time I use the app on my phone when I need to do some kind of banking,” Bauhs says. About 99 percent of the time I use the app on my phone when I need to do some kind of banking,” Bauhs says. And the other 1 percent I go into the bank.”.

article thumbnail

Field of Dreams

Independent Banker

Tony La Russa was a professional baseball manager for 33 years, serving the Chicago White Sox, the Oakland Athletics and the St. Independent Banker talked with him before the Community Banking LIVE 2016 conference in March, where he spoke as a general session speaker. Louis Cardinals. It was very basic.

article thumbnail

Gonzo Goes to BAI Retail Delivery 2014: Sweet Home Chicago?

Gonzobanker

And, man, did it ever … with the Aliens -esque signs of bankers getting their brains sucked out (or was it minds being blown by presenters, not sure?). With a focus on digital banking and branch transformation, it was interesting to see the attendee list with lots of sexy new customer experience and analytics titles.

Chicago 97
article thumbnail

THE 16TH ANNUAL GONZOBANKER AWARDS

Gonzobanker

A deep mistrust is growing for anything that feels bureaucratic or obfuscated, and bankers stand at a crossroads as to where they may fall in this shakeout. In the post-Wells-scandal world where the shift from people and bricks to machines and digital is getting very real, bankers are scrambling to build new generations of their businesses.

Utah 60