Remove 2009 Remove Community Remove Marketing Remove Taxes
article thumbnail

Malls Debate Turns To Community Planning

PYMNTS

The risk of closing malls, the report said, has the potential to reshape entire communities, which are debating whether abandoned malls can be turned into office space or affordable housing. on the residential component. Brookfield declined to offer a cost estimate for the project.)

Community 132
article thumbnail

Guest Post: FInancial Markets and Economic Update by Dorothy Jaworski

Jeff For Banks

This is because the economy has been gaining momentum, however modest, from the tax cuts and deregulation. annually since 2009, while the record expansion of the 1990s saw growth of 3.6%. As well as the economy has been doing from the momentum of tax cuts and reduced regulation, there are always looming issues. since that time.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Guest Post: Financial Markets and Economic Update by Dorothy Jaworski

Jeff For Banks

Economic growth picked up strongly in the second quarter, with a reading of +4.2%, as momentum from the tax cuts and deregulation pushed spending and investment higher. since the current recovery began in June, 2009. Fiscal stimulus in the form of tax cuts, especially for corporations, led to spikes in investment and spending.

article thumbnail

Jeff For Banks

Quarterly Financial Markets & Economic Update- October, 2017 I love this time of year. The markets have not given way to anything, with long term bonds still trading in a tight range and short term rates having risen from Fed action. In fact, inflation has been less than 2%, the Fed’s presumed target, since 2009.

article thumbnail

Jeff For Banks

The markets continue to roll and bond markets continue to trade in a 25 basis point range, hitting the higher end when they think the economy is strong (why else would the Fed raise rates?) Presidential Agenda I am very surprised that the markets are not having fits over the lack of progress on the presidential agenda.

article thumbnail

Banking's Top 5 in Total Return to Shareholders: 2018 Edition

Jeff For Banks

I chose five years because banks that focus on year over year returns tend to cut strategic investments come budget time, which hurts their market position, earnings power, and future relevance than those that make those investments. is the parent company of Willamette Valley Bank, a community bank headquartered in Salem, Oregon.

Oregon 101
article thumbnail

What's With Regulator Agita Over Bank Commercial Real Estate Lending?

Jeff For Banks

and New York Community Bancorp called off their planned merger. They need a marketing person to title their reports. The upshot of the analysis, in my opinion, is that the risk can be further limited to CLD lending, more so than straight, plain vanilla CRE lending that is so common in community financial institutions.

Lending 60