Remove 2006 Remove Community Remove Lending Remove National
article thumbnail

What's With Regulator Agita Over Bank Commercial Real Estate Lending?

Jeff For Banks

and New York Community Bancorp called off their planned merger. Today, I read an American Banker article on how a multi-billion dollar bank is going to ramp up its business lending. To remind readers, in 2006 the OCC, Federal Reserve, and FDIC issued joint interagency Guidance on Concentrations in Commercial Real Estate Lending.

Lending 60
article thumbnail

Addressing The Symptoms Of Pharmacies’ Cash Flow Ailments

PYMNTS

With prescription drugs representing 92 percent of sales revenue, according to the National community Pharmacists Association, thinning margins — and frequent losses — from this side of the business can be fatal. And, in addition to changing healthcare regulations, industry consolidation has threatened to squeeze out the small players.

Capital 130
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

FinTech’s Bright Future Marred by Hype

PYMNTS

A few days later, one of the founding fathers of FinTech, Renaud Laplanche , was forced out of Lending Club, the peer-to-peer lender he founded in 2006, following scandals over loan disclosures and conflicts of interest. The really interesting, though less juicy, story is what got Lending Club into trouble.

Bitcoin 100
article thumbnail

Bankers and Strategic Bets. A Slow Embrace.

Jeff For Banks

Six years ago I asked in a blog post Will Plain Vanilla Kill Community Banking ? Didn't even exist in 2006. SunTrust - Developed Lightstream , a national online lending platform to provide consumer loans for practically any purpose. Did I get caught up in the change-or-die crowd? Was I, gulp, a futurist?

Apple 66
article thumbnail

Four Reasons for the 2007-08 Financial Crisis

Jeff For Banks

It should be noted that in 2006, 40% of purchase mortgages were for investment or vacation property. Community financial institutions make their debut here, as they purchased bonds, typically highly rated, backed by mortgages that also had insurance applied to them. Note the absence of anything resembling a community bank.

article thumbnail

Washington Watch

Independent Banker

The bad news is the first review, conducted from 2004 to 2006, was a bust. Even though the industry identified several major regulatory burdens, including those posed by the Truth in Lending Act and the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, few substantive regulations were repealed. Community Bankers Chosen as CFPB Advisors.

article thumbnail

Lendio Brings the Franchising Model to Small Business Lending

Fintech Labs Insights

Franchise owners will work with local small business owners in their community to support their needs for working capital. The Salt Lake City-based company will support franchisees by giving them access to Lendio’s marketplace and technology, training, marketing tools, national advertising, and partnerships.

Lending 12